This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Self Sighting

Background: Yesterday I order some food from Daddy Toilets. I order an item that already comes with 1 thing of sauce. Past experience dictates that this usually isn't sufficient for me, so I order a 2nd container and happily pay the 50 cents they ask for it.

The order arrives, I pay and I check the box real quick. No extra sauce. I did this because previous week I ordered the same thing and the same thing happened. I just made like Elsa and let it go. So I bring this to the driver's attention hoping he'd have extra in his bag or something. Unfortunately no, I had to call the store.

On the phone with the store, I explain the situation. They offer to bring another sauce container out. I say that would be a waste of a trip for just a packet of sauce. I asked if they could adjust the charge off my card.

They then offered me a free pizza. I was taken back because this is way beyond the eye for an eye that I was asking for. I told the manager that this seemed a little big all over sauce. He explained to me that in order to reverse the charge, he'd have to reverse the charge of the entire order and charge my card the correct amount, and the charge could take days to be put back on my card.

Still, a free pizza is awesome. Would I be an EW if I took them up on this offer?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

You did not demand. They offered. Enjoy the pizza.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Second csquared's advice.

There were multiple screwups on their end:

- Whoever prepared the order saw "item and one sauce", didn't realize that item already came with 1, so didn't include the second.
      - Driver neglected to check the order (and add the missing second sauce) before leaving the store.
      - Driver didn't carry a couple extra sauces, which would have allowed him to correct the problem with a quick trip back to his car.

If it happens again, I'd suggest to the manager that the root cause seems to be in "number of extra sauces paid for" being mistaken for "number of sauces to include", and that they should find a way to fix that.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Adding my vote for what csquared and wolfie said. You were not sucky at all, and they offered this as the easier option in the long run. I'd accept it, with gratitude, and definitely add suggestions to help them not make this mistake again. Sounds like an establishment to continue to patronize if they're willing to make things up to you to this level.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Take them up on it and give them your thanks.

I had it happen once and called to express my annoyance. Not sure what I expected, because I wasn't going to ask for some poor driver to bring me a side of ranch. They offered me 5 bucks off my next order. Over ranch. Yes please!
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Be grateful in victory. Being nice about it had earned you a reward, and I'm sure it's saved the manager & his staff an ear bashing.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
            X