This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A certain problem customer

Lately, we have had a certain problem customer being the bane of support.

He is completely incompetent with using our product, always asking the most basic questions and helpless when encountering even the tiniest of problems.

Usually in such cases we in support will contact the account team and let them know of a good opportunity for professional services and/or training.

In this case however there is a $500K deal pending and so we have been grudgingly handholding him and there was much discussion among management about handling this. Finally it was decided to have our training director reach out to the customer, so my manager sent her an email about it.

Her reply? Paraphrasing here:

"This person has already been to training. He complained to <Senior VP of Support> that our trainers were not very good. The other 8 people in the same class gave us rave reviews. He is a chronic complainer who will never be satisfied.

So unfortunately, we will not be contacting this customer"

Or, to translate from corporate safespeak: "Fuck that guy and the horse he rode in on."
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

So is he completely cut off now? Or just the special help is over?

Comment

For now, unfortunately, he is support's problem.

One thing I forgot to mention is he's been extremely rude to our front-line people--those who actually answer the phones, try to do basic troubleshooting, and handoff to more experienced engineers--and demands senior engineers.

He's getting what he wants, for now. Management is in agreement we can't have senior resources tied up for petty bullshit like he calls in for. After the deal is done we will take some steps to address the issue (including reaching out to HIS manager).

Comment

He's an attention-whore. And one with a very high opinion of himself. I know the type.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

He certainly is. He was back again today, being rude to front-line staff and refusing to listen to them on a very, very basic question. I'm talking "you're allowed to use this thing and you don't know that?" kind of basic.

He whined and yelled, demanded a senior engineer, demanded a manager, copied me and my manager on a whiney email to his sales reps, demanding a call, and in the end... I answered his question by forwarding him the same email the frontline guy had sent him.

I wonder if I should tell him I'm not, strictly speaking, a senior engineer. Sure, I've been there three years, and even the actual seniors (and above!) come to me, but I don't have the title...or the pay. (Soon though... very soon...)

Comment

I'm excited for the day when you guys get your money and can tell them what a jerk their employee is. Maybe they'll hire a baby sitter for him.

Comment

Haven't heard from him in a few days, and I closed his case yesterday.

Not sure if the conversation has been had or not, but I sure wish I could be a...

*sunglasses*

fly on the wall for it.

YEEEAAAAHHHHH.

Comment

Working...
              X