This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    She got upset because I wasn't willing to buy her a full tank of premium (well over $4 a gallon then).
    If someone is being helped out by a stranger buying gas for them, they have no call to specify a quantity (i.e. full tank vs. a couple gallons), and the only call they have on grade of fuel is gas vs. diesel (since the wrong one would cause expensive problems).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Around here, it's ALWAYS a game. While I'm sure there are people in need in my area, the ones that haunt the freeway off-ramps, gas stations, drug stores, etc. are just con artists. A few of them are better-dressed than I am, though frankly that's not raising the bar very high (grin).

At a bus stop not long ago, I was approached by a woman who asked for $1 so she could ride the bus. I gave her a dollar, and without so much as taking a breath, she immediately asked me for $10.

A few weeks prior, at that same bus stop, I was approached by a guy who wanted money to buy some Pampers for his kid. Might have felt bad for him except I'd seen the schmutz inside the little convenience store adjacent to the bus stop only about 20 minutes prior with a Harlem roll that could choke a hippo.

I used to donate to various charities until I found out that the large majority of those are sham, too.

It's sad, really. I want to help, but everywhere you turn, it's a con game.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        At a bus stop not long ago, I was approached by a woman who asked for $1 so she could ride the bus.

A few weeks prior, at that same bus stop, I was approached by a guy who wanted money to buy some Pampers for his kid. Might have felt bad for him except I'd seen the schmutz inside the little convenience store adjacent to the bus stop only about 20 minutes prior with a Harlem roll that could choke a hippo.
        I'm not familiar with the term "Harlem Roll". And I think you mean schmuck. Schmutz is dirt, or a mess.

But anyway, I think someone on this forum once was approached by someone, and told them, "If you can tell me an original story, one I haven't heard before, I'll help you."

The person couldn't tell them an original story.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          I'm not familiar with the term "Harlem Roll".
          The more conventional term is Kansas City bankroll.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I smoke. At work, us smokers have a place where we hide, but people always find us because they can smell it. Some people just look sad and then wander away when we won't give them cigarettes. Some people get rude about it.

I had a real winner today. Wanted a cigarette. Told him that I only bought out the one I was smoking (true) and if I went back in, I'd lose the rest of my break (also true). He told me that he didn't mind, I could go back in and he'd finish mine. For some reason, he just didn't seem to understand why I walked away and locked myself in my car without saying another word.

Comment

The nerve! On finding out that you didn't have any other cigarettes with you, he expected you to give up the one you were smoking AND the remainder of your break so that he could have a smokey treat? On what planet is that considered acceptable?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie, it's called "Planet ME" in "Galaxy MINE," which is a part of "Universe MY EGO." Everything must revolve around him, and all else must pay!
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                X