Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is buying furniture really this difficult?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is buying furniture really this difficult?

So today is Monday, and therefore I.P Freleigh's Happy Puppy Smile Time Furniture Audit Day. And there I was, la la laaa, count count count, print print print, when this particular dry pool diving team member showed her face

Now some background:
    • This is a time of transition in the furniture department. We have a lot of new pieces--some for a new furniture grouping we just started carrying, and some which will be carried through Christmas and then put on clearance and gotten rid of. Thus, we have a lot of clearance items that are displayed in the middle of the aisle between furniture and linens, because there's no room for it on the furniture pad, some of the items are still in boxes, and boxed items are not allowed to be put on the furniture pad.
    • We sell furniture by building one of each item as a display, and putting it on the salesfloor with pull tags people grab and present to the cashiers. Then we carry the item out to the customer's vehicle.

So anyhow, SC takes a good long look at one of our clearance barstools, on display with a sign and pull tags for the two different heights for that barstool.

And what does she do? She tosses the sign onto the floor, scattering the pull tags, picks up the barstool, and struggles with it because it's heavy and bulky as barstools go.

Me: Excuse me, but if you just take the pull tag for the barstool you want, we'll bring a brand new one out to your car for you.
    SC: I'M TAKING THIS ONE!
    Me: (but thinking "Whatever, you dumb bitch")

WTF! Just about everybody else understands our furniture is for display purposes only and we don't sell displays until the item is on no reorder and the display is the only one left. Because of that I had to waste 45 minutes assembling another display when I was finished with the furniture audit, instead of doing other, more important things.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Did she try getting a discount?

You know, for taking a "display model?"
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Betcha' she was one of those "But this one's already assembled!" types.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
      X