This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Tourist Trap SC Antics

Ok, more from the GC34 archives. This time, it's just a mish-mash of general customer suckyness that I observed over the months of working the tourist trap.

From August 13, 2006
    And both yesterday and today at work has been nothing but asshole customers. Some of the highlights of both days were...

*The people who came in from one of the hotels who had 6 people staying in the room, yet only one was listed on the identification card. Now, for some background, when somebody stays at one of our hotels they get a little tan card which identifies them as hotel guests, lists the number of people in the room, and also allows them to charge purchases back to their room. So apparently these people were trying to get away with having all those people in the room so they could get away from paying for extra occupants. Busted! They promptly got sent back to the hotel to straighten that out.

*The people who were making rude comments about a coworker of mine (who is awesome by the way, I usually sit with her) while she was off fixing an id card. I was stocking maps at the time and right as I picked up the box that was on the counter right next to them I heard the woman (who was a total tourist and one of those snobby "country club" type people to boot) say, "Well, we should get the rest of the year for free because she's making us wait." Apparently somebody lost their pass and they were getting a replacement. And when you replace a pass you have to change the date on the pass to match the original expiration date. Apparently my coworker forgot to do that and went to fix the pass. Now who's fault is it that they lost their pass? The most certainly shouldn't be able to get a replacement. No way! It's their own damn fault they can't take care of their things.

Now time for the stories from around today's water cooler
    *I guess last night this psycho guy came in, since this story was going all around the department. Some guy came in last night and said that the hotel told him that he could purchase our most expensive pass for $25 per adult and $15 per kid. Um, no? And from what I understand this guy went ballistic on one of our ticket agents. He was banging on the counter and throwing a temper tantrum similar to that of a 4 year old. So the guy finally left and the general consensus was that if the guy came back they were going to call security to have him removed. He did come back and seemed to be waiting for something, but they didn't call security. I was a bit disappointed at the outcome of the whole thing, as having security being called would have made for a much more interesting story. And had it been me, I would've pushed the panic button under the desk. Another ticket agent told me that he had to do that one time because of a psycho guest.

*We had another case of the people who don't understand that a car registration does not entitle you to a resident pass. Anybody can have a car registered here, especially since we have a lot of military folks who only live there on a temporary basis and aren't going to travel half way across the country to register their vehicle.

*I heard a story of a woman who claimed that she found a dead mouse in her bed at her hotel. So my co-worker asked the front desk agent what she did for that woman. The front desk agent said that she gave her the room for free. It's the consensus that the woman was out for a free room because when somebody got there to check to see if there was a mouse the mouse magically vanished and the sheets were clean as a whistle.

From September 7 2006
    Ok, usually when you venture to a movie theatre you purchase your tickets for the performance at one booth, then take your ticket to an usher who usually rips your ticket in half and directs you to the theatre. Ok, on a rare occasion the ticket seller will also rip your ticket, but that usually occurs in smaller theatres. But why is it, that, when these morons come up to the theatre, see everybody else with tickets proceeding right to the auditorium, still find it necessary to ask if they hand the tickets to me?

Also, morons, when you say you'd like tickets to a show, please specify which show you would like. Don't just say "I'd like two tickets to the show." then get mad when I ask you which one you want. Last time I checked I'm not a psychic, Jedi, or a Betazoid.

This post is brought to you by the random people observation department of golfcart34 who, quite honestly, has nothing else better to do right now. :-P And no, I'm not in a bad mood right now. Far from it in fact.

P.S. If the program begins at X time, try to be on time!

And one last thing, I just had the Burger King Drive-Thru "Where do I go?" Lady a moment ago. Those of you who are Dane Cook fans know what I'm talking about. She bought a ticket at the theatre box office then asked, "Where do I go?" Maybe you enter the one theatre you're already at!?! Actually, I should've sent her down to the New Towne Theatre. :-P

Not a sucky customer moment, but a *facepalm* moment from September 8, 2006
    This guy just came up and asked if this was the theatre that Lincoln got shot in. Oh my god! Hahahahahaha! I had to tell him no, that's Ford's Theatre in Washington DC, which is about 150 miles north of here! Not only that, but this theatre wasn't even around when Lincoln got shot. But seriously, don't people pay attention in history class anymore? And this guy wasn't young either! He was middle aged. Wow, just wow!

From November 26, 2006
    Dear sucky customers.
    Please note that I do not make commission at my job, as much as you would like to think (or insist) I do. I make the same $9.18 an hour whether I sell you a bus pass or an annual pass. Furthermore, I am also required to ask you certain questions like:

a) Where are you from?
    b) What would you like to do?
    c) How Long you will be staying in the area?

And if you live between the area right next door and three hours from here, don't get pissed off when I ask you if you would like an annual pass! I know you'll be back. Don't lie to me. We are required to meet or exceed a set ticketing mix to keep our jobs, thus the questions and insistence are necessary. Don't like it? To ignorant to learn about your own country's history? Then don't freakin' come here.

Actually, on second thought, just go the hell home and stay there. I don't want to see your ugly tourist faces here anyway.

Screw you with a rusty metal spoon!
    -Me

P.S. : If I hear one more screaming brat who's parents can't control them I'm going to end up hurting somebody.

Stay tuned as there are even more tourist trap rants to come!
    Last edited by GolfCart34; 09-30-2007, 05:39 PM.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
    Screw you with a rusty metal spoon!
    Charming. I'm going to steal permanently borrow that.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X