This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• his legend must be told

i just heard from a friend of mine the most awe inspiring story of a customer getting whats coming to them.

an overnight clerk at a sister store of her gas station was settling in for a long quiet night when a customer comes up and asks for 2 cases of parliament cigarettes, clerk goes to the cig cage, brings up the requested items and rings them up, at hearing the total the customer snatches the cigs and runs for the door. but do not fear for are noble clerk was a quick draw with the deadlock button, sealing all exit doors. cig man does not know this until he runs headlong into the shatter-proof glass and ends up with his sorry ass sprawled on the floor (I'm sure there was a lovely face print too ). customer then picks himself and the cigs up and sulks back to the counter, looks up pitifully and appoligises to the god-clerk, only to get chastised with an amazing "thats right, you don't take whats not yours"

i do not know what happened to the thief after that, i think he paid for them and was left to lick his wounds, i want the security tape of that though

I think there should be a race in the Olympics in the category of cat-like reflexes. Your friend would win, I think.
    "I am the me I choose to be"
    -Sydney Poitier
    I (love) "The Office"
    "This month we're having a special on cardstock."
    -Jim Halpert

Comment

I love stories where "customers" are owned by their own suckiness.

That security tape would be hilarious to see.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Hmm....did said friend get the story from someone named "Aaron", by any chance? Many of his stories from way back on CS involved sealing the exit doors *heh*
        DJ Particle

Comment

Holy hell, I want doors like that in our store!!

We'd burn 'em out from use though....
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            That security tape would be hilarious to see.
            I'd pay to see that.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth tensaineko View Post
              ...the customer snatches the cigs and runs for the door. but do not fear for are noble clerk was a quick draw with the deadlock button, sealing all exit doors. cig man does not know this until he runs headlong into the shatter-proof glass and ends up with his sorry ass sprawled on the floor (I'm sure there was a lovely face print too ).
              In the immortal words of The Simpsons' Nelson Muntz, "HA ha!"
              Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
              Holy hell, I want doors like that in our store!!
              Don't we all...I can think of a few situations where doors like that would have come in very, very handy!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Couldn't you submit a tape like that to Cops, Maximum Exposure or even America's Funniest Videos? That'd probably win some awards!
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                  Couldn't you submit a tape like that to Cops, Maximum Exposure or even America's Funniest Videos? That'd probably win some awards!
                  I'd go for World's Wildest Police Videos . . . they have great footage of would-be criminals getting owned. And I would love to see this myself!
                  ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I want to see! I want to see!!!!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X