This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    Why do people think the attempted guilt trip will work?
    Unfortunately, there are people that it will work with.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I found one of these specimens hanging around the bus station.Asking for money for a bus ticket.Had lost his and needed to get back desperately.No problem,I'd got an all-day ticket that I didn't need any more so I offered that to him.He just stared at it and gave it back,asking what the ?*@# is this.It's a ticket.You can now travel back to where you have to go.Apparently,I don't want that,I want the money is the correct reply.

If it was me and I'd genuinely lost my ticket,I would have been delighted and gratefully accepted that I wouldn't having to be having a very long walk.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        He just stared at it and gave it back,asking what the ?*@# is this.It's a ticket.You can now travel back to where you have to go.Apparently,I don't want that,I want the money is the correct reply.
        And that, to me, is the clear sign that they never needed the ticket (or food, or gas, or whatever) in the first place, which is why my husband and I try to do our "give to the guy with the cardboard sign" thing by actually giving them the food, etc. that they're asking for. Because generally then we can actually weed out the people who are actually in need vs. the ones who are actually angling for the cash in the guise of a lie. I mean, if they actually want the cash for one reason or another, I'm more likely to give it to them (if I'm in a good mood) if they just ask for it. But I'm not going to hand over cash if they're asking for it under false pretenses.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          I found one of these specimens hanging around the bus station.Asking for money for a bus ticket....I offered that to him.He just stared at it and gave it back,asking what the ?*@# is this.It's a ticket.You can now travel back to where you have to go.Apparently,I don't want that,I want the money is the correct reply.
          Reminds me of this scene in Scary Movie.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You can never tell by looking at someone. If you saw me coming from work, you'd read "successful young professional." My work clothes are from ARC (or maybe Sears if I happen to feel like treating myself), my wheelie is a Walmart knock-off, and it does NOT carry the latest tech gadets. Instead it has a raincoat, homemade granola bars, a water bottle, and warm clothing, in case my long bus commute goes awry. I don't have a car, and Hubby and I rely on food banks to keep ourselves fed.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X