Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argabarga, now YOUR people are doing it TOO!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argabarga, now YOUR people are doing it TOO!

Ok so somebody got towed from my complex last night, probably for using it as easy parking for the downtown light rail, which we're close to (they close the gates on game days, so we don't get too many people using us as Handegg parking).

Anyway....the tow truck working on removing Mr. Illegal Parker had the same name on it as the signs in the complex, so it's unlikely this was a "breakdown" call. The cab of the truck was, I s**t you not, exactly the same color of Pepto Bismol pink that Arga has complained about in previous posts. I'm glad there's half a country between us, his head might explode if he saw this.

Really, there are only two valid reasons to have a pink car:

1. It's for breast-cancer awareness, either a campaign your company is doing or you are personally invested in the cause to the point you decided to emblazon it on your car or
    2. You are dodging car thieves (bright pink cars are statistically the least likely to go home with someone else)

But a freaking TOW TRUCK? Those tend to be a BIT hard to steal. Not saying a tow company might not have a breast cancer awareness campaign, but I didn't see any pink ribbon insignia on this truck.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Actually, there's a third reason to drive a pink car:

3. You've been recognized for your achievements as a salesperson for Mary Kay Cosmetics.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

"Do you like...pink?"

"I like pink very much, Lois."

Comment

Reason 4: it's hard to miss. You need to be eye-catching (or even eye-watering) if you want to stay safe on the interstate shoulders...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

There's at least one, if not two, construction companies near me that paint their vehicles some shade of pink. You think a tow truck is bad? Try a cement mixer.

And Mary Kay pink is a very specific shade of pale pink. I see too many of them around here. If it's Pepto-Bismol pink, it's not Mary Kay (at least not officially).
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I wish I could've gotten a bright pink car. Unfortunately, Nissan doesn't make them. From the colors they DID offer, I wanted aquamarine or blue. They said they wouldn't have either for MONTHS!

I had to settle for red. I do wish it was pink, that would be awesome. :P

Comment

It's not pink, it's lightish red!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

What company was it, Pinky Tow?
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                  What company was it, Pinky Tow?
                  Sounds better than Camel Tow. (Safe for work)

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                    Sounds better than Camel Tow. (Safe for work)
                    With that slogan, that had to be deliberate.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

how is this for a pink tow truck
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWp_Pj78NO8
                      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

There's a company near us that rents out skips for people doing construction etc.

The skips, and the delivery trucks are all bright barbie pink. They're certainly distinctive.

The only thing that annoys me is that they appear to have an advertising campaign aimed at women centering solely on the fact that they are pink, and women just looove pink. *sigh*

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                          The only thing that annoys me is that they appear to have an advertising campaign aimed at women centering solely on the fact that they are pink, and women just looove pink. *sigh*
                          I'm also sighing, and was doing so the entirety of last month.

Also, when I had a purple compact car people didn't cut me off nearly as much as now! Now I'm in a gray midsized sedan everyone's like "you are probably a safe driver and will avoid me if I swerve at you." Previously, with the purple car they were thinking "purple car with a stupid spoiler? You are probably a 16 year old who has no insurance, and are probably texting right now. Avoid like the plague!"
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            Also, when I had a purple compact car people didn't cut me off nearly as much as now! Now I'm in a gray midsized sedan everyone's like "you are probably a safe driver and will avoid me if I swerve at you." Previously, with the purple car they were thinking "purple car with a stupid spoiler? You are probably a 16 year old who has no insurance, and are probably texting right now. Avoid like the plague!"
                            Note to self: make sure to get a purple car.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              Note to self: make sure to get a purple car.
                              I never saw a purple car
                              I never hope to see one
                              But I will tell you anywhar
                              I'd rather see than be one!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X