Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between good and great.

DH and I moved home a while ago and have been trying out the local takeaway food places to find our new favourite.

We'd settled on one place, good food, good price, friendly service. Until...

We placed an order, DH had his usual double pepperoni pizza. The food arrived fast and smelled great but the pizza was squished to one side of the box. He straightened it out and all I heard was

"What the F***!"

Someone had eaten part of the pizza, two slices had clear bite marks out of them. We were astounded, i called back immediately and explained. The guy on the phone insisted that it was probably just squashed but said he'd send out a new pizza and to hand that one back to the driver.

New pizza arrives, no problem. We send back the original. (After taking a photo just in case) The next time we ordered i asked about it and he apologised, he agreed it was clearly partly eaten and he has no idea what happened.

-

After this, our faith in them was a bit shaken, they replaced the food and he did apologise but, i dunno, i didn't feel right about ordering from them again, who's to say it wouldn't happen again or something. So we tried another place.

This place, again, fast, tasty, good price, better selection.

We ordered and there was a small problem with the order (didn't get the stuffed crust we ordered and paid for) I call, they just about fall over themselves apologising. The guy on the phone gives me his name and says next time we order they'll make it right.

The next week we order again and I ask about getting something to make up for it, I ask if we can get one piece of chicken added to the order (20p more expensive than the stuffed crust would have been) and the guy says no problem.

When the meal arrives, we have an extra piece of chicken, a portion of chicken strips and a single serving trifle that we didn't order and yet aother apology from the driver.

Wow! They went above and beyond to make this right! And the food was fresher and tastier and bigger portions than the first place.

-

So there we go. Place 1 corrected the problem and gave good customer service by apologising and replacing the pizza. But place 2 blew them out of the water in terms of customer service. They really were great!

Guess where we'll go in the future!

(Oh and place 2 got a *very* positive review online.)

Aw, that's really cool. I can't imagine serving someone food that had been eaten!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I can't imagine serving someone food that had been eaten!
      My guess? Either the employee who boxed up the pizza or the delivery driver is the one who snuck the two bites.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I once got a cheeseburger from a Not the King but the Clown drive through that had a bite taken out of it when I unwrapped it.
        After sending two emails (one to corporate and one to the manager of that location), I (unasked for) suddenly had enough free meal coupons to do me for a week. That location strangely went through an entire staff firing/rehiring a couple weeks later...

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          My guess? Either the employee who boxed up the pizza or the delivery driver is the one who snuck the two bites.
          Whoever did it, this isn't a "whoops" my bad. I gotta believe it was someone deliberately causing mischief. I mean I understand poor quality or mistakes, but actual bite marks are not mistakes.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
            Which has to be the dumbest thing imaginable for anyone who delivers food for a living...it's going to be EXTREMELY OBVIOUS what you did, and incredibly easy to pin it on you. Was this guy TRYING to get fired?!

Comment

I strongly suspect it was the driver. The guy who answered the phone was the one who had packed our order and he seemed completely bewildered.

I also think the pizza being "squashed" against the side of the box was an attempt to cover up the problem.

Also the driver was kinda...out of it. I wonder if he'd been partaking of some unusual tobaccos or something because he couldn't figure out the change he owede me even though i gave him a £20 note and the order came to an round amount. (Something like £12 dead on)

Here's the damage:

Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 11-11-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Mice. It's gotta be mice.

I once lifted the last slice of pizza out of the box to discover a moth had been cooked into the underside... I was offered a replacement, but unsurprisingly I'd lost my appetite, and any trust in their service!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  Mice. It's gotta be mice.

I once lifted the last slice of pizza out of the box to discover a moth had been cooked into the underside... I was offered a replacement, but unsurprisingly I'd lost my appetite, and any trust in their service!
                  Oh ewww.

I hope that got reported to your local health authority :S I know accidents happen but you'd have thought a moth would be pretty freaking obvious, they're not usually little things.

Comment

Depends on where. Some of the moths we get around here in the spring can be pretty small. I can see how this could happen. Moth gets in, flies into the oven (nobody said moths were smart), dies from the heat, and goes unnoticed as a pizza is baked on a busy day. Still not OK (supposed to rake out ovens after use and keep them clean) but I can see it happen.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                      Here's the damage:
                      I can see trying to get away with a couple corners taken out of the crust or something but... wow.

The moths we have here are usually pretty small, too. We do get big ones (I've seen a couple palm-sized) but most of the moths we get in the house are no bigger than a dime. We usually just leave them alone, they don't buzz around our heads like flies and usually end up dying somewhere eventually (but only after scaring us by flying out of the shower or something the moment we open the curtain).
                      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Be careful about telling them you found a moth on your pizza. They might charge you for an extra topping.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                          Depends on where. Some of the moths we get around here in the spring can be pretty small. I can see how this could happen. Moth gets in, flies into the oven (nobody said moths were smart), dies from the heat, and goes unnoticed as a pizza is baked on a busy day. Still not OK (supposed to rake out ovens after use and keep them clean) but I can see it happen.
                          Yeah, I just got a new condo and DAMN those tiny moths! Every day I was squashing a new one. Little bastards. x_x

Comment

My theory was that someone returned a pizza and instead of the new one, it got taken out by mistake. However, given how odd your driver sounds I'd now put the money on him being the culprit. Especially if the pizza was hot. Was it still hot? A returned one would be cold.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              Be careful about telling them you found a moth on your pizza. They might charge you for an extra topping.
                              Or if Kermit were taking your order, "Would you like flies with that?".
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X