This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great. Now bus DRIVERS are doing it too

Ok, so those of you who, like me, rely on public transit on any kind of a regular basis are no doubt well-aquainted with The Yammerer. The Yammerer is a passenger who talks nonstop and at high volume. Very frequently, The Yammerer seems to be stuck in some kind of loop where he (and it's almost always a "he" rather than a "she") repeats the same phrase over and over.

It's bad enough with passengers, but the 4pm bus has one and he's the DRIVER. This gentleman is friendly, greets every passenger as they get on (not bad in itself), but also NEVER shuts up. He repeats his "make sure you have all your personal belongings" script at EVERY.SINGLE.STOP (every two blocks) and in between doing that, repeats the same observations about the weather, using the exact same words, over and over and over.

Yesterday I saw it was him driving and decided to get the next bus. I'd rather sit in the cold for 20 minutes than listen to him for the 10 it takes to get to the train station. At least passenger yammerers don't have a microphone.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Oh god those people. I call them "Mouths". As in, oh, great, the Mouth is here. Out come the earbuds and I hit 'play' on something loud enough to drown them out. I really am not in the mood to listen to non-stop yapping at 8 AM.

You have my sympathies.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We have one of those in the morning. It's not the bus driver, but he entertains the conversation. I'm too tired to listen to that. Thankfully it's only a 10-minute ride.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X