Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've decided you're somebody else now.

I had forgotten about this until I saw the recent post in this section about epic internet woes.

I have lived away from my parents home for about 20 years. In that time, I have lived at 5 residences. For 18 of those years I have had the same internet service and profile.

Well, after my last move 2 years ago something changed.

Having had NO issues that whole time I figured my latest move to a new apartment would be painless. I think you already see where this is going.

For some reason Big C cable decided that I needed to have a new cable account instead of porting over my previous one. I did not discover this until a month after I moved and my internet went off one night.

I knew the bill had been paid so I called Big C cable to see what was up.

Yep - I was informed that they generated a new account and I would have to merge my old account with it so I could get everything working properly. The guy didn't have an explanation as to how or why this happened. At least it only took a few moments to resolve, but - really, guys? 18 years, 4 moves with no issues and now all of a sudden you create a new account for me for no reason?

ugh

Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to get rid of a no-longer offered/cheaper plan that you're grandfathered into. "Brand new" accounts wouldn't be eligible for that plan, you see...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X