• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tea Lady

One from my days of flying:

Pax: Excuse me stewardess
    Me: Yes madam?
    Pax: I would like some tea please, what kind of tea do you have?
    Me: Twinings English Breakfast
    Pax: Oh. Well what herbal tea do you have?
    Me: We don't have herbal tea, just Twinings.
    Pax: Don't you carry herbal tea on you?
    Me: Er...no...
    Pax: Very well, I'll just have some hot water
    Me: I'm sorry, but to have hot water you will need to buy a cup and as all these cups already have coffee granules or a tea bag in them I will have to charge you the same price.
    Pax: That is disgraceful, can't you just put it in a plastic drinks cup?
    Me: I'm afraid the airline will not allow it, the policy is that all hot drinks must be given with a plastic lid in case passengers burn themselves- and the plastic cups are larger than the hot drink cups so the lids won't fit.
    Pax: Well I won't be flying with this airline again, on British Airways they always have a fine selection of herbal teas and fine bone china. I want to speak to whoever is in charge here...that chief steward person. I can't believe you want to charge me for hot water! What do YOU do when you want a hot drink?
    Me: Well the airline provides the crew with cups and our own supply of drinks...
    Pax: So they take better care of YOU than they do of their paying passengers!
    Me: I will ask the Purser to come over and see you.

The Purser spoke to her but she still wasn't happy! All this took place on a 90 minute flight to Geneva...
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Strange, Reminds me of a three year old I heard today

I WANT SWEETS!

Stay Safe
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Oh no! No tea on a 90 minute flight?
      I've been on a few of those 90 minute flights. I swear, we got into the air, had a quick look around, and started right back down. There was hardly enough time to drink anything.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
        Pax: Well I won't be flying with this airline again, on British Airways they always have a fine selection of herbal teas and fine bone china.
        Oh noes! I am not getting luxury service at economy prices! My world is at an end!

I wonder if the world would end if customer service reps were permitted to say 'well, ma'am, we also provide luxury service in our first class seating. You're in the economy section.' (Well, presuming your airline has a first class section.)

I can just imagine it.
        'Ma'am, we're a medium service restaurant. You seem to be mistaking us for a silver service establishment - that's LeSnooty up the road. Their appetisers start at thirty dollars.'
        'Sir, if you want our technical staff to drop everything and work on your computer and only your computer whenever you call, you'll need to buy our platinum onsite maintenance contract. Here's a copy of the agreement and price list for that.'

You get what you pay for. Why can't people understand that? The people who serve you have to eat too!
        Last edited by Seshat; 09-28-2007, 03:33 PM.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I thought it was going to be about the office tea ladies. I really want one of those. Some nice grandmotherly type to deliver little sandwiches and goodies and hot tea from her cart. Now, that is civilization.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Btw for what it's worth, I fing twinings english breakfast to be perfectly acceptable... though I wouldn't mind some twinings blackcurrant, but I'm not going to cry for it.
            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I prefer Twinnings Irish Breakfast tea, good stuff.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Tea is supposed to have ice in it, be sweet and be made in Louisiana. You ferinners sure don't have a clue about tea.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                  Tea is supposed to have ice in it, be sweet and be made in Louisiana. You ferinners sure don't have a clue about tea.
                  Nah. Long Island Iced Tea.

The best tea was made by my BIL. By the time he was done with it, we weren't sure what to call it. It tasted great, but you had to be brave enough to get past the ... interesting smell. We ended up calling it " 'wamp", for "swamp water."
                  Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                    Nah. Long Island Iced Tea.
                    I second the nomination!

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Was this woman's last name Bucket? Poor Richard

As for the Long Island Iced Tea, that sounds great to me. Just remember: it has no actual tea in it.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                        Was this woman's last name Bucket? Poor Richard

As for the Long Island Iced Tea, that sounds great to me. Just remember: it has no actual tea in it.
                        Depends on how you make it.
                        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

that chief steward person
                          geez, doesn't she know they're not called steward persons anymore?! how un-PC!
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                            I prefer Twinnings Irish Breakfast tea, good stuff.
                            My favorite is Taylors of Harrogate Scottish Breakfast tea, and, of course, Earl Grey.
                            Just don't be horrified by how much sugar I put in it.

Tanasi, what is this tea with ice in it that you speak of? Surely that has to be a sacrilege!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                              Pax: .......What do YOU do when you want a hot drink?
                              Me: Well the airline provides the crew with cups and our own supply of drinks...
                              Pax: So they take better care of YOU than they do of their paying passengers!
                              =
                              Um, yeah. One of those little perks that keep employees happy or satisfied or at least keeps them from dumping the hot water directly *on* SCs like her. Cow. Least she could have done, if she is *so* particular is bring her own flippin' tea.

Comment

Working...
                              X