Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, I've never worked a job that offers maintenance agreements, but, from all that I've read here on CS, I feel confident in adding to the following...

Quoth Seshat View Post
    Sir, if you want our technical staff to drop everything and work on your computer and only your computer whenever you call, you'll need to buy our platinum onsite maintenance contract......
    .....Which you were offered, three times upon purchase of the product, but declined.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess
      Me: We don't have herbal tea, just Twinings.
      Pax: Don't you carry herbal tea on you?
      I just had a surreal moment as I realized I do in fact carry it on me.

I keep tea bags in my backpack for work. However, I mostly drink little girl teas because I am a complete sissy. ( Strawberry kiwi tea <3 )

Comment

Right now I am ing the spiced apricot tea by a company whose name I can't remember. I got it at Wegman's and they have a ton of flavors, and they come in cute little white bags. I keep it at work, though, so I can't go look.

She wanted you to put hot water in a regular plastic drink cup? That's a bad idea; even if the cup doesn't melt, it makes the water taste like plastic.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
          Pax: Well I won't be flying with this airline again, on British Airways they always have a fine selection of herbal teas and fine bone china.
          Oh, bullhockey you old bat. I'm an American and even I know that an airline is not going to serve everyone fine bone china. Thanks for playing.
          Sheesh, some entitled people...

Comment

Wow... snooty indeed. I think she thought she was on the Titanic...

Me, I drink Honey Lemon Ginger or varieties of Green Tea/Chamomile, with honey.
            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I also love Lipton Mint tea (not the Peppermint herbal, this is black tea with I think spearmint) but I can only get it in the variety pack, and I don't like all the other flavors so I don't get it. Once I saw it sold on its own but I can't find it anymore .

B&N sells Harney & Sons teas; at Christmas last year they had a Chocolate Peppermint - yum. I hope they have it again this year. The Vanilla Comoro is my favorite, though. Especially when I have a sore throat - add milk and sugar and it's like liquid cough drops.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                Pax: Well I won't be flying with this airline again, on British Airways they always have a fine selection of herbal teas and fine bone china.
                Maybe it's just me, but I'd RATHER have a plastic cup. That way when the plane crashes, FINE BONE CHINA won't SHATTER and EMBED directly into my FINE BONE FACE.

Oh, and she was a snob.
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

One of the best things you'll ever experience is Chips Ahoy White Chocolate Chunk cookies dipped in hot Twinnings Lady Grey tea. I'm completely serious.

Comment

Quoth BlackIronCrown View Post
                    I'm an American and even I know that an airline is not going to serve everyone fine bone china.
                    Not in economy they won't, but once you get up into Club class on BA, you do get real cutlery and a china cup for your tea.

However, that's in Business Class only, and IIRC, Katie was at a VERY budget airline, one that is famous for cheapness. Surely the silly moo might heve noticed the difference between flying Club Europe on BA and the Big Orange One. The £1000 difference in ticket cost would have been the first giveaway....

I think DGoddess was right when she mentioned Mrs Bucket. I bet the lady wasn't actually bothered by the tea / plastic cup thing, but rather she wanted to give all around her the perception that she was accustomed to flying in the premium cabin on a full-service airline...which begs the question - why was she on Easyjet that day?
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

We got A LOT of people flying the airline who were like that. Especially flights to Geneva for the ski season and flights to Nice. An awful lot of them would complain as well even though you know when you book that it's a low-cost airline!

Examples would include various moans about the standard of drinks we sold, the cost of food and drink onboard, lack of appropriate food and drink options ie we only had one type of white wine and it was far too common for the passenger, no lemon slices for Gin and Tonic's (do you think this is Concorde love?) lack of allocated seats etc etc

Oh and as for tea, I am a big tea fan too and like all sorts of teas!
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                        .....Which you were offered, three times upon purchase of the product, but declined.
                        Of course.

Actually, the company I was at pretty much sold contract programming/sysadmin and service agreements, rather than physical products. But it's the same as for everyone else.

If we had a service agreement or maintenance contract with a customer, we could stop problems before they become expensive ones and we ourselves could know where our next meal was coming from. Everyone wins. So of course our reception/administrative guy would tell customers about our agreements.

But no, customers assumed we were just out to pad our purses at their expense. And then would get upset when we didn't have someone waiting by the phone for sweet little them (because hey, the guy who would have been there had taken a programming contract so he could pay his rent).

Where were we? Oh yeah, customers wanting platinum service at brass prices.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I lay odds

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                          Not in economy they won't, but once you get up into Club class on BA, you do get real cutlery and a china cup for your tea.
                          I lay odds that it is not real china even then because of the safety issues already made.

My mom has a set of plates and cups that look like china, feel like china, even weight seems the same. But they are near impossible to break. I have broken a plate by stepping on it, and then it broke like china into dozens of pieces (many very sharp) but considering that my mother has had these plates for over twenty years with five boys and did not lose any till I stepped on one (270 lbs), then I would say they will last.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                            Depends on how you make it.
                            While there are many drinks that have a variety of recipes, such as an Alabama Slammer or Bahama Mama, a Long Island Iced Tea is a pretty straightforward recipe, and is made in most places about the same way: equal parts gin, tequila, rum, and vodka, with some sour mix, a splash of cola, and a squeeze of lemon.

Myself, I prefer the Long Beach Tea, which is the exact same as the Long Island, but instead of cola you get a splash of cranberry juice....and that one difference completely changes the taste of the whole drink.

I have never met a bartender who uses TEA in their LIT's. The only alcoholic drink I am familiar with that even uses iced tea is the Ice Pick, which is vodka and iced tea.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            I just had a surreal moment as I realized I do in fact carry it on me.

I keep tea bags in my backpack for work. However, I mostly drink little girl teas because I am a complete sissy. ( Strawberry kiwi tea <3 )
                            Yes, but those are YOUR teas, not the airline's, and not the passenger's to claim.

As far as tea goes, if y'all see me drinking tea, it is a good idea to steer clear of me, as I am undoubtedly highly sick and probably contagious. That is the only time I drink tea, and even then it is rare....and if I do, it is only cinnamon apple tea, one sugar, one lemon squeeze, one shot of honey. Did I mention that I don't like tea?

And yes, the lady in the OP was a snob, an Analrabian, and a pain in the butt. And I have gotten people like that.

"Do you have Boodles Gin/Johnnie Walker Blue Label/Skyy Vodka/[something else that we don't have that is NOT the standard or most common spirit of its kind]? No? Why not?" Because, despite the over 200 bottles of different spiritous liquors you see behind me, we can't and don't carry every possible thing that someone might order!"

We don't have apple juice. We're a bar.
                            We don't have champagne. You're at the pool bar.
                            We don't have bottled beer. You're still at the pool bar.
                            We don't have real plates or china. We're a dive bar.
                            We don't have Busch Beer. We're a luxury hotel bar.
                            We don't have filet mignon. We're a casual restaurant.
                            We don't have all the games imaginable on, or the pay per view fight. We're not a sports bar.
                            We don't have Miller Chill. It's still pretty new and 1 person a week asking about it does constitute a demand for it.
                            We don't have cappucino. Just regular coffee. Starbuck's is that way. This is a BAR.
                            We don't have mussels, lobster, crab, tuna, or whatever else you are asking about. We have what is on our menu. If you don't like that, there are 300 other places you can go. The door is that way.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                              As for the Long Island Iced Tea, that sounds great to me. Just remember: it has no actual tea in it.
                              That reminds me of one time I was out drinking with a group of family members. My Sis-In-Law complained that her LIIT tasted too strong, she didn't think there was enough tea in it. She then got angry when everyone broke out laughing at her.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                We don't have Miller Chill. It's still pretty new and 1 person a week asking about it does constitute a demand for it.
                                We had it at the ballpark. It did not sell very well. However, it did have a nice colorful lime green stand, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X