This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to explain further..

She unbuttoned the top of her shirt, pulled her bra away, and lifted said boobie out for all to see.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      One more thing...a man giving his opinion on breast feeding really needs to shut up cause there's no way he'll ever relate.
      Whoah....that's pretty over the top and completely sexist. I know plenty of men who are informed, caring, and sensitive about issues such as this, and it's really pretty darn rude of you to make such a blanket statement.

I had a real issue with this thread when I first saw it, but I left it alone.

Experience has shown that threads about this issue never end well.
      Breastfeeding is a pretty hot button topic right now, especially in light of the recent Facebook incident regarding closed groups and deleted images.

I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt that all members could discuss this issue without polarizing and insulting one gender or the other. Guess I was wrong.

For the most part, members have been responding in a respectful manner, so the thread will remain open. I just ask that we steer clear of the "you're not a woman so you can't possibly understand" generalization.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm a trouble magnet

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
          I'm a trouble magnet
          Naw...it's just that, sometimes, a person has to ask, when posting a thread, "Is this something that could be controversial? Should I take it to fratching instead?"

Comment

Fratching? o_0

Comment

Fratching? o_0
              http://www.fratching.com/

I'm not allowed to give you my honest opinion about fratching because I would be told to take it to fratching.
              Last edited by Gravekeeper; 09-29-2007, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Fratching? o_0
                Yes, that would be this link on the main page of the forum:

Also, the site referred to here and, according to a keyword search, in 383 other posts:
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...hing#post56635

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

I'm not allowed to give you my honest opinion about fratching because I would be told to take it to fratching.
                Excuse me?

It seems we can't win.
                The mods are accused of being too thin-skinned for jumping on contentious issues and shutting them down, so Raps takes the time (at his own expense) to provide a place where they can be freely discussed, and, apparently, people still have issues with that?
                Interesting.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  Yes, that would be this link on the main page of the forum:
                  Also, the site referred to here and, according to a keyword search, in 383 other posts:
                  lol... seems I have glasses for a reason. Thanks for your usual help =3
                  Last edited by Ree; 09-29-2007, 11:00 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Comment

Quoth Ree
                    Excuse me?
                    It seems we can't win. The mods are accused of being too thin-skinned for jumping on contentious issues and shutting them down, so Raps takes the time (at his own expense) to provide a place where they can be freely discussed, and, apparently, people still have issues with that?
                    Interesting.
                    I appreciate the thought but scratch my head at the execution.

However, I have never personally accused the mods of anything. I was making a tongue in cheek comment ( I am a sarcastic bastard, remember ) in regards to how often its mentioned. ( By your own count, in 383 posts. ).
                    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 09-29-2007, 06:06 AM. Reason: meh

Comment

I have never personally accused the mods of anything.
                      I never said you accused the mods of anything. I was speaking in a general way.
                      I was making a tongue in cheek comment ( I am a sarcastic bastard, remember ) in regards to how often its mentioned.
                      And I find it sad that it still requires mentioning so many times, as people still continue to discuss controversial topics on the main forum, or there are still members who have no idea what it is.
                      Last edited by Ree; 09-29-2007, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        I never said you accused the mods of anything. I was speaking in a general way.
                        And I find it sad that it still requires mentioning so many times, as people still continue to discuss controversial topics on the main forum, or there are still members who have no idea what it is.
                        Well, if I may offer constructive criticism and my honest opinion, its because its a completely separate board. If a controversial topic creeps up its usually in the context of whatever thread it occurred in. So being told "Ok, go login to and start a new post on a completely separate forum that not everyone reads or is even aware of if you want to talk about this" pretty much ends whatever desire I may have had to continue the discussion.

Whenever I see the Fratching card played I just think "ok, thread over" and move on. Its too much of a hassle to attempt to try to transplant the topic and all those involved in it over to an entirely new post on a separate forum.

I do appreciate the intention of it. But I simply have no interest in attempting to use it. Nor do I have any interest in reading it normally.

Sorry, but thus is my opinion of Fratching. -.-

Comment

Whenever I see the Fratching card played I just think "ok, thread over" and move on. Its too much of a hassle to attempt to try to transplant the topic and all those involved in it over to an entirely new post on a separate forum.
                          So, then, it serves its purpose. It keeps the crap off this board.
                          We used to have a forum like that as part of the board, but the board just became a nastier place because of it.

People who had problems with a member in that forum allowed it to spill over into other forums. By keeping it as a separate site, it sends the message that debates are not allowed on here.

How difficult is it, really, though, to click a link on the main page, just like one does for the Photo Album, Map or Comic, or to any other forum?

Yes, one has to sign up there, but it's a pretty painless procedure.
                          After that, just keep yourself logged in if you're able to, and any time one feels that a particularly controversial issue needs discussion, just start the thread there.

For the record, if I suggest taking it to fratching, I usually try to have the thread already started before I suggest it, and all a person has to do is reply.

*It would appear, though, that we have now, quite effectively, killed this thread.
                          Last edited by Ree; 09-29-2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Quoth Ree
                            So, then, it serves its purpose. It keeps the crap off this board.
                            We used to have a forum like that as part of the board, but the board just became a nastier place because of it.
                            Well, if you look at it from the perspective of a deterrent, then yes its very effective.

Quoth Ree
                            People who had problems with a member in that forum allowed it to spill over into other forums. By keeping it as a separate site, it sends the message that debates are not allowed on here.
                            I think you mean flame wars, not debates? Members specifically going after other members isn't exactly a "Fratching" issue. Thats more of asses need to be banned kind of issue.

I've already explained why I feel trying to move something to Fratching kind of kills the discussion.

Quoth Ree
                            *It would appear, though, that we have now, quite effectively, killed this thread.
                            Yes, yes we have. <cough> >.>
                            Last edited by Gravekeeper; 09-29-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Well I've missed something here, wasn't the thread about breastfeeding in public?

Anyhow, in Scotland it is illegal to stop a woman from breastfeeding in public, o reven to ask her to stop. This i believe is the right way to go on this, the W.H.O. recommends breastfeeding, and personally I have no problem with any mother doing what her body is supposed to do, why should she have to hide away (no its not so i can have a lech).

Stay Safe
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I think you mean flame wars, not debates? Members specifically going after other members isn't exactly a "Fratching" issue. Thats more of asses need to be banned kind of issue.
                                Nope....I meant debates. Flame wars is certainly another reason, though.

This is first and foremost a site dealing with customer service issues.
                                We have an "Off topic" forum where other topics are allowed, but those topics do not include ones that are potentially heated or controversial.

Unfortunately, in the course of regular posting, these types on issues do creep into the posts.
                                We have sucky customers behaving in all sorts of ways, and these areas touch on social issues, language, religion, political views, racism, sexism, and in this case, even breastfeeding.

Nothing wrong with discussing any of that as it relates to the customer and that particular situation, but when a member speaks up with an opinion that goes against the tide and it becomes a debate, that's when it becomes a problem.

All we are saying is that a person has to know when they are broaching a topic that it has the potential to be controversial, and rather than just start the thread here, go there instead.

I certainly understand where you're coming from on this, as you are correct that Fratching does not get the same traffic as this place, and the purpose of posting is to get your words read by others.

The fact that it is a separate site is certainly a valid point and can be a huge turnoff to the members.
                                I know I don't frequent that forum as much as I should, as I tend to get pretty absorbed in this place.

I guess if I have anything to say in all of this, it would be to just have everyone think before posting. Maybe, every few days, take a look at Fratching to see if anything interests you, or even check it out before you post to see if there is a thread over there discussing the very thing you are dying to post about on this place, and then add to that discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X