This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijacking the Buggy!

Since Friday, I've noticed a disturbing trend.

Customers go Zombie for Turkey.

The turkey was on Special last week, and of course, Cupid (not real name, duh) didn't order enough. He always does that and the other butchers hate him for it, but he's DA BOSS. Anyways...

So this week we have returning customers with raincheck and then again, no Turkeys. Cuz Cupid's an idiot.

Here's the disturbing trend.

When I'm walking around the store with a full buggy, people will JUMP OUTTA NOWHERE in front of it and park themselves there.

This is a metal buggy filled up to my eyes with HEAVY, FROZEN-DOUGH FILLED BOXES.
    I CANNOT stop this thing on a dime. If I try and somehow succeed, the first row of boxes MIGHT topple over and bury you in croissant-y goodness. HEAVY FROZEN croissant-y goodness.

But no, they will HIJACK my buggy and then ask ME where the Turkey is.

I'm a baker. I know it's not obvious what with all the boxes with BREAD or DOUGH written on them*, but trust me on this, you want to ring that bell that says "Ring Bell for butcher" right next to it.

Worse one was this sorta 8 years old kid who thought he could stop my buggy by sticking his foot in my way.

One good shot of Patented ShiroDeathGlare (tm) and a well-growled "BAD idea, kid." made him back up.

It was either scare the legos outta him or clean up the smear he would have left on the floor after the boxes toppled over him and crushed him into paste.

*It's even less obvious when I'm carrying fresh bread up to my eyeballs and standing in the bakery goods. People act genuinely surprised when I tell them I work in the bakery.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

It's all the tryptophan in the turkey...... It causes them to become drowsy, then it turns them into zombies.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

.... sooooo.... it would be wrong to hit them... right?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        .... sooooo.... it would be wrong to hit them... right?
        Not technically. I don't mind hitting them, it's picking the boxes back up that's tiresome.
        Scraping the bits of skull and skin off the boxes is also such a chore. (No brain matter to scrub off)
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Once I was helping grocery pull the load to the floor for the night crew to stock. We only had one working electric pallet jack, so i was stuck with a hand jack. One IDIOT decided to walk in front of the fully loaded pallet, and stop next to me to ask me a question. The never did because despite my best attempt to stop the pallet, by turning it hard right and pulling the lever to drop it to the floor, the edge hit her and knocker he on the ground. That was a fun 45 minutes filling out incident reports. The idiot apologized by saying "i didn't know that that was heavy." WTF?? how stupid are people????

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
            The turkey was on Special last week, and of course, Cupid (not real name, duh) didn't order enough. He always does that and the other butchers hate him for it, but he's DA BOSS.
            Sounds like a real winner to work with/for.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X