Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The old, tattered, motheaten race card is pulled out yet again... and other stories.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Classic moment. Especially this bit:

Thanks. I'd originally written "mid-life-crisis-mobile" but then realised the guy was a bit too young for that.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      I can't STAND those BRATZ dolls. They are just disgusting. I have grown to loathe anything that makes it "cool" for a young girl to wear revealing clothing and lots of make-up and act like a ding-bat.
      I call 'em "Slutz" because that's what they most resemble.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
        Those Bratz dolls are disturbing as hell anyway. It's like the toy manufacturers ran out of ways to make Barbie more anatomically unrealistic, so they just decided to slut her up as much as possible.
        my sister has 3 daughters (number 4 on the way ) she refuses to get them anything to do with brats
        she says they look like mini hookers and she doesn't want her daughters getting anything like that
        she has them watch powerpuff girls cause she would rather them see girls kicking butt than showing it
        btw the 3 girls consists of a set of 4 year old twins and their 2 year old sister

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
          My coworkers get a kick every time they start cracking minority/black jokes when I remind them that I, too, am a minority. I'm Native American, but thanks to the fact that the rest of my heritage is Dutch and English, I don't much look it. It's always fun to have that card to pull when someone tries to whine to me about discrimination.
          I'm 1/64th indian. Is that enough to do this routine with?

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            I can't STAND those BRATZ dolls. They are just disgusting. I have grown to loathe anything that makes it "cool" for a young girl to wear revealing clothing and lots of make-up and act like a ding-bat.
            Damn prostitots.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              They should be renamed Slutz, really. O_o And they all have trout pouts.
              Trout pouts?

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                Nope, gotta get assistance from the government, I think it's one eighth. One generation away.

Comment

I'm sorry, but when I was a kid "brat" had a negative connotation. No one uses "you little brat" as a term of endearment. It's like those girls running around with clothes and accessories that say "Spoiled." Well, honey, thanks for the warning so I can stay out of your way!
                  Certifiable Interior Designer
                  (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                    Trout pouts?
                    think angelina jolie's lips and you're pretty much there
                    "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                      Hey, me too! Actually, the percentage that will get you money varies depending on tribe. If you're Navajo, you have to be something like 1/4. But for less large tribes, the amount can be as low as 1/16, I think.

I'm part Iriquois myself.

Quoth Sparkticus View Post
                      think angelina jolie's lips and you're pretty much there
                      Trout pout... I like it. I don't trust anyone who has to make an effort to put her lips together.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Actually, the percentage that will get you money varies depending on tribe. If you're Navajo, you have to be something like 1/4. But for less large tribes, the amount can be as low as 1/16, I think.
                        In my experience, it was 1/8th for funding. I got some books paid for in college, but not much else, and was actually embarassed when they wanted me to become a "Native Aide," as I didn't think the kids would take me seriously, given how I look (not native!)

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Trout pout... I like it. I don't trust anyone who has to make an effort to put her lips together.
                        Not all of us asked or paid for lips like that. I can put mine together, but they are rather large. No one else in the family has them, either.
                        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                          Trout pouts?
                          At the risk of being excessively crude, one of my friends (back when I lived in Vegas) referred to that look as c**k sucking lips. He considered any woman who cultivated that look to be worth taking home once. Only once.

Apologies to the ladies who look that way naturally.

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                            At the risk of being excessively crude, one of my friends (back when I lived in Vegas) referred to that look as c**k sucking lips. He considered any woman who cultivated that look to be worth taking home once. Only once.

Apologies to the ladies who look that way naturally.
                            Apology accepted.

By the by, in college, they were referred to as DSL's (same concept, different word for the male anatomy). One of the pictures up on my door my freshman year (of me all done up when I sang with my choir at Carnegie Hall) mysteriously vanished near the end of the year. My future roomie happened to work maintenance that summer, and "found" the picture hanging up in the work room, and was told by the maintenance guys they liked my DSL's. She took the picture back for me.
                            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                              My coworkers get a kick every time they start cracking minority/black jokes when I remind them that I, too, am a minority. I'm Native American, but thanks to the fact that the rest of my heritage is Dutch and English, I don't much look it. It's always fun to have that card to pull when someone tries to whine to me about discrimination.
                              Cool.

I have Italian/Irish heritage with some Osage Indian as well. I look very Italian though.

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
                                Those Bratz dolls are disturbing as hell anyway. It's like the toy manufacturers ran out of ways to make Barbie more anatomically unrealistic, so they just decided to slut her up as much as possible.
                                I'm right there with you Blake. They are so creepy with their hideously large eyes. I'm sure they come alive at night when everyone is asleep and rearrange things in your house to creep you out.
                                Total surrender
                                Your touch is so tender
                                Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                                And it brings me relief
                                "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
                                X