This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeheehee
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Saw it last week. Loved it (except for the death scene - damn you Joss!).

Got to add this link about a co-workers friend.

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer
        (except for the death scene - damn you Joss!).
        What did you expect? This is JOSS we're talking about.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Ok ... let me get this straight..the Pentagon, after greenlighting 'helping' such movies as Iron Man, BattleShip, Eagle Eye, and Transformers..deem Avengers 'too unrealistic'. What drugs are they on, and why are they not sharing? Seriously? Iron Man, Transformers, BattleShip is 'realistic'? *Mytical's brain does the BSoD*

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...163438080.html
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Ok ... let me get this straight..the Pentagon, after greenlighting 'helping' such movies as Iron Man, BattleShip, Eagle Eye, and Transformers..deem Avengers 'too unrealistic'. What drugs are they on, and why are they not sharing? Seriously? Iron Man, Transformers, BattleShip is 'realistic'? *Mytical's brain does the BSoD*
            They're probably all DC Comic fans
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

*laughs* Then they wouldn't have greenlighted Iron Man. I think I understand why..I mean in a lot of these movies..the army is pretty much helpless/useless. It is understandable why the Pentagon would be a bit hesitant about helping. At least have some consistency though. Take Battleship for instance..they fight alien invaders from outer space. Yeah THAT is realistic.

Maybe because Avengers has 'gods' (forget that they are just aliens with superior tech/abilities)? Definitely can't be because of super secret government organizations or aliens. Both of which is present in Transformers. I mean come on..giant alien robots that can turn into vehicles? Yeah..very realistic there.
              Last edited by Mytical; 05-09-2012, 08:01 AM.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

What's unrealistic about Avengers? The US Military isn't technically the ones doing the Chitauri butt-whuppin'. SHIELD, although having all the trappings of a military, aren't part of the US Armed Forces.

I mean, in Transformers, it was humans-- and US Armed Forces, at that-- that helped defeat the Decepticons. In Battleship, it's the US Navy.

But if it's SHIELD, nope, sorry.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It might be cause the Pentagon isn't shown in the best light for not approving SHEILD. In Iron Man the army helps him and in Avengers they are almost fighting against them.

Comment

Working...
                  X