This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping a customer be victorious

I recently was at a lodging forum for members of the local tourism bureau. Former Boss Man always went to them, and this was the first one I'd been to since he left. We got to tour a distillery afterwards and drink vodka...it was a lot of fun.

Anyways, as I was networking before the meeting and getting to know everyone, I ran into the owner of a local inn, who I knew happened to also be one of my paper route customers but who I'd never met in person before, so I said:

Me: "You don't happen to live in [neighborhood], do you?"
    Inn Owner: "Why yes, I do."
    Me: "I believe I'm your paper carrier."
    IO: "Oh, hi!"

So we chatted for a bit (she was amazed I get up to her place in the snow...most of her neighbors are amazed, too, since it's a bit tricky [I do a lot of hiking on the route when it snows there]).

IO: "Now tell me, you do [local paper], do you also do [nat'l economic paper] as well?"
    Me: "I don't do [magazine associated with nat'l paper], but I do the daily [nat'l paper], yes."
    IO: "I knew it! Ha! My husband insists that they're two different carriers, and I was like 'No, I don't think that's right'. I'm going home to tell him I'm right and he's wrong!"

So, I helped a customer win an argument. I may have also caused marital discord. But I'll probably get tipped well for it. (They are some of my favorite route customers that always tip me well. )
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    . But I'll probably get tipped well for it. (They are some of my favorite route customers that always tip me well. )
    If I was amazed that you got up to my house during snow I would be sure to tip you well. XD
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
    X