Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See this is why I have multiple characters with all the different professions. I have plenty of gold and the professions to make stuff for myself instead of having to rely on others.

I also do dailies on at least one character a day for more gold, plus I try to get around to making things in all my professions that you can only make once a day.

I'll help people out and I always compensate when people help me out, but I try to avoid needing others to make me things.

Comment

Similar stuff back on FFXI, when I played -- high level crafters would normally charge guildies just the mats cost to make stuff for them, a bit more for others (or, bring all of your own mats and add a small fee). WhiteMages (healers) would also offer "taxi" services for in-game money (gil), as they were the only job class that could 'port toons other than themselves en masse. Some legit ones made a killing, but the RMTs got in on it, too >_<
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Some legit ones made a killing, but the RMTs got in on it, too >_<
        Bhahaha! That's when Squeenix brought down the banhammer hard and without remorse! RMTs didn't last long, and any time they managed to find, corner, and completely dominate any kind of market/service Squeenix gladly found a way to keep legitimate players able to get/do what they do while it was no longer worth it to the RMTs.

Freaking love Squeenix.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

AW -- They did? It's been a few years since I played (Aht Urgan was current then)...It's just that it took them something like four years to BEGIN banning the RMTs...who would then just pop up again the next day. Glad to hear the situation has improved ^_^

Of course, this is also the company who, in that same game, created a raid boss (Absolute Virtue) that got patched whenever a group figured out how to beat it -- either by fixing the glitch that made it possible (which is certainly legit), or by patching the boss so that whatever weakness they exploited to kill it was REMOVED the next time they did a hotfix. Evil bastards. Note that, with help from Squeenix via video hints (three years after the boss was created), players figured out how to take it out legitimately. Note that it still had a 2 hour time limit on doing so before it despawned. That should give non-players a good idea of how nasty it is.
          Last edited by EricKei; 03-11-2013, 03:44 PM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
            I work in the building industry, and working for free is a hot issue currently.
            I've been pointed to this flow chart...
            http://shouldiworkforfree.com/
            ROFLMFAO! Oh, that brings tears to my eyes.

Tears of laughter. Hysterical.

She must be a masochist; she gave it away for free.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              AW -- They did? It's been a few years since I played (Aht Urgan was current then)...It's just that it took them something like four years to BEGIN bsnning the RMTs...who would then just pop up again the next day. Glad to hear the situation has improved ^_^
              At first it was just banning, then they got fed up with just the banning and changed tactics. They would go into the game and changes elements so that legit players trying to get things done would still be able to do so, with maybe a bit more effort. However, the "bit" more effort that normal players would have to do turned into just enough that RMTs couldn't bother with it anymore and hope to make a profit.

Of course, this is also the company who, in that same game, created a raid boss (Absolute Virtue)
              <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Absolute Virtue made me love them even more. Instead of nerfing bosses over time, they sat their going "Well figure it out then!" It took so much creativity from people I knew to be able to beat that boss. That's why I loved FFXI soooo much.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

My friends and I had a circle going, if I made them something from my mats, they had to make me something that cost as much that I wanted, or get me the mats, or, in the case of one particularly crazy day, run around killing things so I could skin them because they needed it now but didn't want to spend money and I didn't have what they needed.

But... seriously... they complained about 400g? that was an hour's vendor trash in cata, I don't even want to think about how little that'd be in pandaria
                Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                  My friends and I had a circle going, if I made them something from my mats, they had to make me something that cost as much that I wanted, or get me the mats, or, in the case of one particularly crazy day, run around killing things so I could skin them because they needed it now but didn't want to spend money and I didn't have what they needed.

But... seriously... they complained about 400g? that was an hour's vendor trash in cata, I don't even want to think about how little that'd be in pandaria

Especially since they've removed the daily cap AND all the daily quests give you 5 Valour points as well.

And 400 gold....
                  Soon as Pandaria came out I scrimped and saved for 2 months to get the Grand Expedition Yak

I'm hoping they're an in-game friend rather than RL, I wouldn't want to associate with anyone that 'precious' and have flushed acquaintances for excessive in-game drama
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                    o.O wtf? Its 400g. 400g.. not like you're asking for 400k

I play a mud and while I'm kind of broke, I still insist for paying as much as I can. I don't like being gifted stuff.. .and if my crafter friends insist on making me stuff because its still 'newb gear' I rather go farm for the things needed. (And mind you, while easy enough to come by sometimes it can be a good hour or two with a semi-equipped party to get things for.)

the nerve of some people.
                    You wouldn't like my character then. Sometimes I've done drive-by donations to newbies (about 10K a pop) just to see them go . Or at least some ranger-made goodies like sacks, packs, bedrolls just cos... I can.

bout the only time I really accept donations back is when I'm on my cleric handing out purges. and that's only because we commonly do them at the monk's hangout where you can pay the game to meditate & get back spell points quickly. so some purges get big enough to require a few meditation sessions. although if someone is broke or doesn't wanna pay they still get purges anyway. my cleric can afford it. but i don't play her often... which may be why she can afford free purges heh.

Comment

400 gold isn't even that much! Most of my equipment on my 90 priest cost a heck of a lot more than that! Wow, with a friend like that, who needs enemies?

I'm Yumei on the Shu'Halo realm, if you want to drop me a line and raid or something sometime! My guild's pretty awesome, and everyone's really nice if you're looking for a good guild. :3

Comment

If anyone plays wow and wants to add me on real Id pm me for my email address

Comment

Working...
                        X