This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
    How about we get bouncers with angry dobermans strapped to their arms instead then?

I'm really seeing this as a workable solution...
    Personally, I've always been in favor of castration with a rusty grapefruit spoon.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
      Personally, I've always been in favor of castration with a rusty grapefruit spoon.
      Why would anyone let their grapefruit spoon get rusty. Oh, the horror. How will they ever eat their grapefruit?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

If he was bleeding too. She could be the abuser. I was abused for years by my kids mother. Ignored by police .etc. my friends watched it all happen blah blah. End result? Punched that bitch right in her face. Best feeling ever. 6 years later we can finally get along lol.

But yeah. She was 6" shorter and over 100lbs lighter and to anyone who looked at us who didn't know I got treated like the bastard in that situation.

Comment

This type of situation is happening to someone I know right now. She used to be my best friend, she was my maid of honor at my wedding. Then she started dating this fucknut of a guy, her face is always punched in, and her son is locked in his room. I don't know what to do.

Comment

I have to grind my teeth and keep my mouth shut when domestic abuse victims state that they're dropping charges because they're "going to marry [douchebag]!" I know in my heart they're going to end up in a box, but good luck telling them that.

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
            This type of situation is happening to someone I know right now. She used to be my best friend, she was my maid of honor at my wedding. Then she started dating this fucknut of a guy, her face is always punched in, and her son is locked in his room. I don't know what to do.
            Contact the police and/or domestic abuse centers in your area. We have Harbor House where I live, and they take in abused women and their children and relocate them.

Comment

If the son is a minor, you can always contact child protective services... Mom might lose him, but it might wake her up too.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                Call the cops. Now. No, not five minutes into the future now. As soon as you read this. I don't care if you call an anonymous tip about the situation, let them know.

Speaking as a woman who had an abusive boyfriend during high school (he choked me with my own jacket, tied my arms with it so I couldn't escape, threw me down and had general anger issues, plus made passes at my boobs, ass and pants.) For surely not the worst it could've ended, as I ended up going to the campus office and reporting him on my own volition, and he got suspended for a week.

It does turn out better in the end-- the BF is my current BF now. He sought help for anger management and we've made up for it over the 8 years. He's a real sweetie at heart, and I couldn't be happier. No, he hasn't tried any of that shit again.

Comment

I'm going to be blunt, and try to keep this out of Fratching territory at the same time. OP, do you KNOW the male was the aggressor? Because if you didn't hear something over the phone that clearly indicated that, it is entirely possible that the woman was the aggressor and the male was defending himself from her. You mentioned that his forehead was bleeding before the fight occurred. Is it possible that she had already hit him or attacked him at the time? Before the board jumps all over me, I would like to point out that 2007 studies by the CDC and the University of New Hampshire both found that at least half of all domestic abuse is committed by women--and that women can be just as violent and controlling as men can. Again, not to Fratch here. I just want to point out that it might have been possible that you misinterpreted what you heard. Speaking as someone who is the best friend of a man who was the victim of abuse, I hate seeing people jump to conclusions in these cases without absolutely KNOWING the facts.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                    I'm going to be blunt, and try to keep this out of Fratching territory at the same time. OP, do you KNOW the male was the aggressor? Because if you didn't hear something over the phone that clearly indicated that, it is entirely possible that the woman was the aggressor and the male was defending himself from her. You mentioned that his forehead was bleeding before the fight occurred. Is it possible that she had already hit him or attacked him at the time? Before the board jumps all over me, I would like to point out that 2007 studies by the CDC and the University of New Hampshire both found that at least half of all domestic abuse is committed by women--and that women can be just as violent and controlling as men can. Again, not to Fratch here. I just want to point out that it might have been possible that you misinterpreted what you heard. Speaking as someone who is the best friend of a man who was the victim of abuse, I hate seeing people jump to conclusions in these cases without absolutely KNOWING the facts.
                    I'm pretty sure that the husband had the bloody mark on his head when he came back to the hotel, and he came back alone. The wife had come back separately (I didn't know they were together at the time) and didn't have a mark on her, and the guy's forehead/nose was beat up enough that she'd have had marks on her hands if she'd punched him. She wasn't carrying anything when she came in that could've made those kinds of marks.

Granted, I don't KNOW that it wasn't a 2-way abuse sort of thing where she marked him up earlier, and he followed suit later...but I can say for sure that she got beat up in the room based on what I did see. I've seen domestics on both sides of the map in hotels, but this one didn't strike me as the woman beating up the male beforehand. The way the guy acted that night was also pretty weird, all things considered...again, like he was having the time of his life.
                    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                    "What IS fun to fight through?"
                    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Fair enough. I just wanted to point out these situations aren't always what they seem to be on first glance.

Comment

Okay, guys - abuse is horrible. This, however, is not the place to discuss the ins and outs of it.

Please focus on the suckiness of the story, not the abuse itself.

Thanks.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                        X