This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang Head Here (LONG W/LANGUAGE))

After a little hiatus, I'm officially back. I've been struggling with gallbladder attacks left and right, and it'll be finally removed in the latter end of May. *thank whatever deity made that possible after five years* But, I do have a few gems for my fellow gas station comrades. Slightly vulgar, and slightly long, so I apologize.

Self Entitled Rich Bitch:

I note that a lady is pulling up the pump, and she proceeds to pull out the nozzle and put it in her car, failing to notice the gigantic, "PREPAY" sign on the pump. That wonderful beeping that everyone loathes starts going through the store at full volume. At this point, I'm serving other customers, so I need to make the announcement.

Me: *announcement about prepay, options to prepay (credit or debit, or come inside, corporate card) I see her give me major cat butt face.
    Regular Customer: Uh oh, you pissed her off, Halo.
    Me: Oh yeah...she's going to be fun.
    Regular Customer: *gives me shit eating grin* Have fun with that.
    Me:...you're a dick.
    Regular: You love it.

Commence Entitlement Whore:

EW: I didn't hear a damn word you said over the intercom! What is this garbage about prepay?
    Me: *dammit. But, obviously, you heard the announcement about prepay* Yes ma'am, you have to prepay by selecting an amount, and then you can fill up.
    EW: I do NOT like prepay.
    Me: *let me roll out the goddamn red carpet for customers who don't like prepay...oh wait! It disintegrated...just like my pity for people who hate prepay* I'm sorry ma'am, but that is our policy. May I suggest an amount? Your vehicle looks like it would take about $40.00 in gas. Whatever you don't use will return to your account automatically...
    EW: You don't know my car! You have no idea what it would take!
    Me: Whatever you don't use will return to your account...
    EW: *waves her hands around* Fine, I'll go grab my fucking card! *storms out*

At this point, I should probably mention that this lady was extremely well dressed (we're talking Armani clad, driving a Fiat or some other expensive automobile). So, this whole display of childishness is a bit...unbecoming of someone who seems to be quite wealthy. I decide to take my leave, and contact my Shift Lead (bless her heart), who agrees to handle this woman. She comes back in, as I leave. My SL, is quite aware of everything.

EW: *throws her card at my SL* I don't know how much it'll take! Just hold my damn card!
    SL: *the paragon of patience* Ma'am, I must have a prepay amount, as I cannot physically turn on the pump without a transaction. *everyone knows this is utter bullshit, but it IS a policy of ours*
    EW: I don't know how much it'll take!
    SL: Ma'am, whatever funds you don't use are returned to your account.

Repeat this back and forth, for at least five minutes, and the EW finally relents.

EW: Fine, but I don't like this!
    SL: Thank you for cooperating ma'am, and we hope to never see you again.

The EW finally leaves, and I'm fairly certain she didn't hear us, but you never know. I could have kissed my SL that day, as I would have lost my temper in the first thirty seconds of the second confrontation.

Here's another one (again, I apologize for the length)

So, we have five diesel pumps, and now that truckers and vacationers alike are aware of our new facility in the town, our volumes have increased substantially. However, with larger volumes, comes more morons, like this one:

So, there's a man with a motorhome who wants to full up. Nothing new, but he's not very pleased with the idea of prepay (complete shocker there). Butm eventually, we get him all set up, and then this happens;

A HUGE stream of diesel (at least 20.00-30.00 worth) jets out of the nozzle, because the bonehead pressed the trigger before putting the nozzle into his tank. He freaks out, hangs up the nozzle (which means, you guessed it, we have to set up the whole transaction again)

So here I am, serving a shit ton of customers, at least ten in the lines, and all of our other cashiers are busy. Buddy decides that he's going to stand to the left of my till, not even three feet away from me, cross his arms, and huff. I'm ignoring him, because I have other customers to serve.

Man: Excuuuuuuse me!
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but I am currently serving other customers. Please get in line.
    Man: I don't want to!
    Me: Well, you're still waiting, because I have other people to serve.
    Man: *at this point, his face is so cat butted that I honestly thought it was going to stay that way* I DEMAND SERVICE! *slams hand on counter*
    Me: *oh, you did NOT just do that* Sir, any type of physical outburst is considered a threat. Please restrain yourself, or I will call the cops.
    Man: I WANT SERVICE!
    Me: You'll get it, in either the form of the cops, or one of us, but if you don't knock that behavior off, I'm not giving you the choice.

My SL and GM both stepped in, and managed to get the clown calmed down, but not before he threw another temper tantrum and demanded free diesel, food, kittens, puppies. You name it, he wanted it. Eventually, he leaves. Thank God, but I swear one of these days, someone is going to get punched.

Motor home guy - Wow. What a little baby o_O And I thought the fit-throwing-Fiat woman (she's no Lady) was bad...Love your SL, by the way.

Language, what language? No worries, when presented with the occasional four-letter word, I imagine that most people here would respond with "F@%$ing A!" As for length...Heh. You ain't seen nothing yet. I don't think a post on this board is considered "long" until it exceeds at least 4 screenfuls packed with text, so feel free to be as verbose as you like!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Okay, motor-home guy should not be driving if he's too stupid to put the nozzle into the special hole before pulling the trigger.

And entitled lady? Dear twisted deities, if she didn't like prepay, she could have gone somewhere else, although most places are going to prepay or pay at pump. She'd have been up a street without fuel with that attitude. Heck, I usually just pay at the pump, which isn't that hard. Swipe card, put in pin or zip code and pump away.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

The a-holes who stand to the side of the register like they're special or something. Those are the people who really get to me. Some guy tried that yesterday and I pretty much looked at him, looked at the line, and said "I deal with everything at the register."

I didn't even tell him to get in line. Figured he could figure that out on his own.

Comment

Fiat Lady doesn't surprise me. Seems to me that the more a person flaunts wealth, the nastier of a person they are. Its freaking ridiculous.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Fiat Lady doesn't surprise me. Seems to me that the more a person flaunts wealth, the nastier of a person they are. Its freaking ridiculous.
            Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she was a "trophy wife".
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
              The only Fiat vehicle I'm familiar with is the 500, which is a shoebox on wheels. A not-particularly good-looking showbox on wheels.

Of course, it probably costs about 20 grand so Fiat Lady thinks she's a high roller or something.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                Okay, motor-home guy should not be driving if he's too stupid to put the nozzle into the special hole before pulling the trigger.
                ^^^ This x 1000!

And the prepay hater...well, sorry m'lady, pretty much every gas station everywhere is prepay now. Unless you go to Oregon or New Jersey where attendants pump the fuel for you. Don't like it? Trade in your gas-guzzler for a bicycle. Nobody is impressed with your little temper tantrum.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she was a "trophy wife".
                  Oh no. This was an UGLY lady. She couldn't have been a trophy wife even back in her younger years. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    And the prepay hater...well, sorry m'lady, pretty much every gas station everywhere is prepay now. Unless you go to Oregon or New Jersey where attendants pump the fuel for you. Don't like it? Trade in your gas-guzzler for a bicycle. Nobody is impressed with your little temper tantrum.
                    Indeed. I can't think of anywhere I've ever been, as an army brat and somebody who travels all over the place on a regular basis (my family's idea of vacation (and I love it) is to roadtrip to somewhere completely random, I don't even know where they find half of the places we've ended up) and I have never encountered a station that wasn't prepay.

to be perfectly honest I can't work out why people would care about prepay unless they were planning on pulling a runner anyway.
                    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                    -Unknown Author

Comment

That's the only reason I love living in a state that is pre-pay or GTFO. Most of our customers understand how pre-pay works since they've lived with it their entire lives. We're also near the middle of the state, so the likelihood that an out-of-state SC will reach us without already learning about pre-pay is minimal.

Comment

That first lady really was dumb. I mean, who doesn't know approximately how much a full tank of gas costs for their particular vehicle? Unless she's not the one who usually fills it, she has no excuse.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          Unless she's not the one who usually fills it, she has no excuse.
                          You probably nailed it -- she is not used to sullying her delicate *snort* hands with such menial labor...She has people for that.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            You probably nailed it -- she is not used to sullying her delicate *snort* hands with such menial labor...She has people for that.
                            Awww, too much work for her? Too bad. I wasn't about to waste my maintenance man's time because she was being a grouchy ass. Unless you're very elderly, or with a noticeable handicap, we don't fill your fuel...YOU fill your fuel.

Comment

i was shocked last weekend when i was at my parents for the weekend in Wisconsin and we went to a citgo station that didn't require prepay.. i gave her the oddest look and she was like what?? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X