This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and Stupid

I'm wandering around filling up the windshield washer buckets (with the squeegees at every pump) with that blue washer stuff. I have my uniform hat on, my uniform shirt on, and a reflective vest that just so happens to have my company logo emblazoned across the back of it.

SC happens to be waiting behind a car in order to pump gas. I don't know why you would do this. My station has over a dozen pumps. There are so many pumps that in five years I've NEVER SEEN THEM ALL FULL. Why the hell would you ever WAIT FOR ONE?

So I go around to that pump and start filling the windshield stuff. SC decides to PISS ME THE HELL OFF by honking his horn twice. Now that's loud when you're right next to the front of a car and not inside a car yourself so I jump a little and look over at him with what must be the most "wtf are you f-ing doing you little rat-turd" expression and he makes a "move your car" gesture.

I put down the containers I'm holding and put out my hands with a look on my face that's like, "NOT MY CAR, FUCKASS." And then I pick up my containers, spin my back to face him and walk right back inside the store while the REAL driver to that car moseys on out and moves.

When he came inside the store he didn't bother to apologize to me and I didn't bother to tell him he was a rude little rat-turd. Mostly because his kid was there. >:[ Really? WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?

Ooh! Something similar happened to me.

At the pump I was on there was no more washer fluid in the bucket. So I walked over to the next set of pumps to borrow their squeegee. Person honked at me and there was no expression. He yelled out the window "Move your @#$%ing car!"

I hollered back "@#$% you! It's not my car!" and walked back to my pumps to finish pumping the gas and to wash the bird crap off the windscreen.

Then I walked back to replace the squeegee and got honked at and once again screamed "Move your @#$%ing car you mother@#$%a!"

At which point the owner of the offending car happened over and said "I'll @#$%ing move the car once I've finished pumping the gas and please leave the other person alone. You might even want to consider going to one of the many other open pumps to get your gas if you're in a hurry."

Now he was very calm and polite when dealing with the offended driver. He could afford to be. He was one of the Military Police from nearby Pax River Naval Air Station. In uniform. And looking significantly fitter than Mr. Psycho McHonkerpants.
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I love the second story. And these SCs are like the people who tailgate you for 10 miles on the freeway when you are the only two cars on the road.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        I the people who tailgate you for 10 miles on the freeway when you are the only two cars on the road.
        Oh, so you've met my wife....

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I love the second story. And these SCs are like the people who tailgate you for 10 miles on the freeway when you are the only two cars on the road.
          Don't even mention these morons. I've driven in Alberta. You want asshole tailgaters? Drive there.

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
            Don't even mention these morons. I've driven in Alberta. You want asshole tailgaters? Drive there.
            Don't have to; we have plenty where I live in NC.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
              Don't have to; we have plenty where I live in NC.
              Most of the tend to flock around the Greensboro area at that.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Most of the tend to flock around the Greensboro area at that.
                I'm further south (closer to Charlotte. Oh, my gosh, do you think they're all over?
                "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Lovecats, DGoddessChardonnay, I live in Greensboro, work in Winston-Salem, about to start school in High Point, driven in and around Charlotte many times, driven in and around Raleigh and Durham many times, and I can tell you, the worst drivers in NC are in Wilmington. People there seem to extremely brake happy. They love to slam on the brakes at every stop light. It doesn't matter if the light has been red for two minutes, drivers will expect the car in front of them to maintain speed. When that front car applies the brakes, the driver slams on the brakes, causing a chain reaction of panic stops.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                    They love to slam on the brakes at every stop light. It doesn't matter if the light has been red for two minutes, drivers will expect the car in front of them to maintain speed. When that front car applies the brakes, the driver slams on the brakes, causing a chain reaction of panic stops.
                    Get some of that here too. Best place to see that is out on West Wendover Avenue (that long stretch between Spring Garden and all the way to the I-40 exit.) Not to mention the weavers who can't decide which lane they want to be in - or will zoom across 3 lanes of heavy traffic just to get to that exit ramp to get to 40!!

The ones I keep shaking my head over are the ones who fly past a line of cars to reach the intersection, only to end up having to slam on brakes b/c the light has turned RED.

Sadly, these twits don't get the fact that they just got Instant Karma right in the face.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                      Don't need to tell me. I live there. :P
                      "I am nothing if not an equal opportunity asshole." -Gravekeeper

"F**k you and your tie." -Jester

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        The ones I keep shaking my head over are the ones who fly past a line of cars to reach the intersection, only to end up having to slam on brakes b/c the light has turned RED.
                        I love it when someone blows past me while I'm doing the speed limit and then I catch them at a red light. Bonus points if it happens again at the next light.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                          I love it when someone blows past me while I'm doing the speed limit and then I catch them at a red light. Bonus points if it happens again at the next light.
                          My hubby used to be real bad* about speeding and getting caught at every red light. (And of course would complain about hitting every red light) I kept telling him the lights are timed and that if he would drive the speed limit he wouldn't keep catching every red light, but he never listened to me....until one time I happened to be driving, at the posted speed limit, and had ten or so intersections in a row that the light changed from green to yellow just as I started to go through the intersection.

*He still speeds on the interstate/rural highways when he drives but sticks closer to the speed limit in town

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                            Now that's loud when you're right next to the front of a car and not inside a car yourself
                            As a lifelong bicyclist, I can certainly attest to this. Must be worse if, you know, there's no REASON for someone to be honking. Asshat.

Quoth Gaki View Post
                            I didn't bother to tell him he was a rude little rat-turd. Mostly because his kid was there. >:[ Really? WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?
                            Good on ya for being the bigger person. I mighta been tempted to go passive-aggressive through the kid: "Did your Daddy ever find the mean person who was in his way?" in my sweetest, most pitying voice.
                            As to who does that? Upper left of your screen, my friend.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              As a lifelong bicyclist, I can certainly attest to this. Must be worse if, you know, there's no REASON for someone to be honking. Asshat.
                              This way my uncle. He swore that it was safer to do two quick honks to let the cyclist know he was there. Drove me nuts when he rode with me because he would reach over and hit my horn if I didn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X