This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to meet everyone!

Long time lurker. I'm a retired medical transcriptionist who is also an avid amateur astronomer, avid sewist, voracious reader, and overall cat person. I manage a small feral cat colony, and have three older cats who are indoor pets. I'm married to a school bus driver.

You sound like a great cat servant. Hello.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Hyea, Turtle! I've helped with feral colonies as well, and I volunteer at a local shelter. As well as having 2.75 kitties at home. (3.75, if you count the wife, who is a Leo. ) Welcome to the forums!
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

How on earth do you have 0.75 of a cat?

I think I need new glasses.I read at first that you were an avid seXist
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

One of our boys is a tripod. Happened before we adopted him.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Well,that's very useful if you're an astronomer I guess....
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Except that I live in a place where it rains a lot this time of year, so I won't get to see much until summer. Incidentally, there's a total solar eclipse where totality will run through the middle of the U.S. on August 21, 2017. Totality for Oregon is Salem, and I'm not that far away so I'm going to go see it.

Comment

Hell,take a cat or two along.A black cat in a place called Salem in the middle of an eclipse. Something interesting could very well happen...maybe a demon summoning or two?

Comment

from a neighbor two hours drive south!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Cloudy and raining here. Oh, and I'm always nice when I go into fabric stores.

Comment

Working...
                      X