This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've done my due diligence

We are prepping for a big move of a lawyer's office. They want us to go around and measure and inventory all their furniture. Okay, easy enough. The management actually did their job for a change and advised the staff of what was going on, so most people were co-operative. Of course we ran into a few who treated the 60 seconds required as a lethal distraction, but overall it wasn't too bad. But then we get this one lady. She has a table in her office that she purchased herself, so it is not company property:

SC: I bought that table, it belongs to me.
    Me: Okay, no problem, we are just taking measurements and inventory today to see how things will fit at the new office.
    SC: But that's mine, I might take it home.
    Me: Okay, whatever works for you, just make sure to advise the move co-ordinator of what you want done with it
    SC: No, you have to make sure it goes where I want it to.
    Me: No, I am just here to do the inventory. Any special requests have to be made through the move co-ordinator
    SC: FINE! I have done my due diligence, I have told you what needs to be done.
    Me: I have done my due diligence, I have told YOU what needs to be done.

With that I walked away, I'm not arguing with a bitchy idiot. She thinks she can be a bitch, throw some legaleze around and get her way, fuck you. I will make a point of watching out for this piece on the move day and follow procedure to a "T". Sorry ma'am, as clearly stated in the move instructions, you didn't do this, so you didn't get what you wanted.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I just finished a brief temp job at a law office. The two younger lawyers were okay -- still pretty much human -- but some of the older ones ... hooboy. I'm sure they make smoochy noises when they look in the mirror. Sounds like you got one of those.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Wait. The table's not company property. Is the company planning on paying to move something that doesn't even belong to them? It seems to me that lady has moved herself into "deal with your own property yourself" territory. If she wants that table moved by you, she needs to pay you for it herself.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

It sounds like she thinks that you are going to move the table to her home if she decides she wants to take it home instead of to the new office. Haha no.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          It sounds like she thinks that you are going to move the table to her home if she decides she wants to take it home instead of to the new office. Haha no.
          Don't know, don't care. I'll take it to the new office, I'll take it to her home, I'll throw it in a woodchipper, I'll fly it to the moon, whatever is required, but my actions will only be governed by those who have the authority to give me instructions. If she thinks she has done her "due diligence" on a procedure that she obviously hasn't bothered to check out, she is sorely mistaken.
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Come moving day, if you have been given no instructions regarding the table, would you get in trouble for attaching a post-it note to the table that says "Not company property. Do Not Move!"? Because that's something I would do. I doubt the company wants to take responsibility for any potential damage to personal property.

Comment

The instructions for the customers, and the rule for us is "non-labelled items will not be moved". If there is a label with an office number, it will be treated and moved as any other piece of furniture, if not, it will not be touched (unless she does her due diligence and contacts the move co-ordinator who gives us special instructions).
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Comment

She sounds like she is going to be helicoptor "mom" over her table

Comment

Working...
                X