This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking out here

I just found a very large light brown slug in the middle of my kitchen floor. I flushed the horrible little thing, but how th f@%$ did it get in? Other then the little puddle it was sitting in there was no slime trail on the floor, it was too far from any wall to have fallen off, and there's no trail on the ceiling. Where the f@%$ did it come from?!?!? I am genuinely freaking out here, I loathe slimy creatures.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

I am not an expert, but I am not aware of any species of slug that is attacked to anything indoors.

Pets that might have transported it?
    Have you brought anything in that had been outside for a while?

Most likely, this is a one off. It was lost and had no desire to be in your house.

Now, deep breath. Exhale slowly. Repeat.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I have no pets and live alone. I hadn't been outside for 5 hours, and I would have stepped on it if it had been there the last time I walked through the kitchen. What's freaking me out is how the heck it got there, since there was no slime trail, just the slug.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

The ghost of Cheryl Wheeler's cat Penrod. "I Was A White Cat, Once"

I was in the garden, takin' the sun
        Checkin' out the bugs, musta rolled on one
        So I got this slug bug stuck to my fur real good
        But I didn't really mind, just a little bit o' slime
        I'd find it later, you know, scratchin' my back
        Be glad I saved it, make a nice little snack
        I went inside, I swear the staff went insane
        Runnin' with the comb and scissors, screamin' my name
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          What's freaking me out is how the heck it got there, since there was no slime trail, just the slug.
          It probably came from outside. Maybe you brushed up against a shrub or other plant, and the slug decided to hitch a ride?
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            It probably came from outside. Maybe you brushed up against a shrub or other plant, and the slug decided to hitch a ride?
            I hadn't been outside for 5 hours, and when I came in I got straight out of my car and headed inside, then straight upstairs where I got changed out of my work clothes. There are no trees or vegetation on our road or in my front courtyard, and even if I had somehow picked it up between the car and the house it would have fallen off in my bedroom (and isn't that a horrible thought?)

Where it was on the kitchen floor was empty before I went through to the bathroom (old Victorian terrace, the bathroom was a much later addition on the end of the kitchen extension). I would have seen it when I turned the kitchen light on, as I always look down away from the ceiling when I turn on lights as a hold-over from when I used to get flash-migraines from light sensitivity.

I had a look around today in the (very bright) sunlight as I was cleaning, and there were no slime trails that I had missed in the night with only artificial light, or the next morning as I dashed around to go out and meet my family for a day out in the sun. I am still completely in the dark about where the damn thing came from.

Comment

Weeeeell, the slug came back
              The very next day!
              The slug came back --
              We thought it was a goner, but
              The slug came back;
              It just wouldn't stay awaaaaaay~
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X