Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 05-15-2018, 07:34 AM
Store Manager

She's had a cough ever since I got her. I was reading about feline asthma recently, and the article described the classic stance that asthmatic cats get - crouching with the neck extended. That's exactly what she does. Some time after I got her, the vet told me that an X-ray showed a shadow on her lung, and his belief was that she had asthma.

Recently, her breathing has become noisy, and when she coughs, it's a wet-sounding cough. Her eyes and nose are clear. When I took her to the vet, they did a blood test, which showed no signs of infection. They want to do X-rays, but the cost is high, so I'm holding off on that for the time being. I'm keeping an eye on her right now.

Last night, when she was on the bed, I picked up my phone charger and pulled the cord along the covers. She saw it, crouched, wiggled her butt, and attacked. I lifted it in the air, and she was swiping at it with her mouth open. So, she's still doing regular activities, including playing. I'd love to have her completely cured of all problems.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Store Manager

Last night, she woke me up by jumping on the bed and bouncing. This morning, I found that the rug in the kitchen was rumpled, which means she'd been playing with it. (She seems to think it's a toy.)

I closed the windows last night, because the weather turned chilly. So, no breezes coming in from outside. And no pollen. There's been a HUGE amount of pollen around lately, and people with hay fever are miserable.

So, maybe that's it. Maybe it's the pollen that was doing it.