Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so glad I can hang up on people. I've never had to but I know I can, cursing or not. (I've had nice ones use swear words, haha.)
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The more time I spend taking calls the more I can see the human race de-evolving bit by bit.
      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

The good news is that I got a new job and after June 22 I won't have to deal with this crap anymore.

The bad news is that there's a still chance I might have another run-in with this hose beast between now and then. A closer look at her notes revealed that she's like a freaking werewolf, coming out once month to terrorize the rest of us.

Comment

I have seen more than a few people get thrown out of the food stamp office for cursing.

OTOH, one of the nicest clients I ever had didn't know how to form a sentence without swearing.

"Hello, John, I'm slave and I'm going to be helping you today.

Well hello slave, how the f*** are you?

Please try to watch your language, John, there are children around you.

S***! I'm so f***ing sorry!"

It was actually pretty amusing to me, so I completed his interview and sent him on his way. While we don't have assigned case loads anymore, sometimes certain of us are chosen to work with certain trouble clients because we can manage them. John is mine.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
            ...OTOH, one of the nicest clients I ever had didn't know how to form a sentence without swearing. ...
            Like one of the characters in the "1632" books who was known as "Birdy" because half of his vocabulary was 'doing' something to ducks.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Like one of the characters in the "1632" books who was known as "Birdy" because half of his vocabulary was 'doing' something to ducks.
              Now I'm going to have to put those higher on my to-be-read list.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Now I'm going to have to put those higher on my to-be-read list.
                Well, there're 21 novels so far, 11 story collections, and 77 e-editions of the Grantville Gazette...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Well, there're 21 novels so far, 11 story collections, and 77 e-editions of the Grantville Gazette...
                  I know those authors are busy guys, but... 21? Damn, they're having too much fun with that.... WITHOUT ME! Going to have to run through Baen and see how many of them are e-books I can afford. (Unless you've got a cheaper source)

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                    I know those authors are busy guys, but... 21? Damn, they're having too much fun with that.... WITHOUT ME! Going to have to run through Baen and see how many of them are e-books I can afford. (Unless you've got a cheaper source)
                    They enslaved a bunch of other authors. Well, a lot of the earlier ones are available from the baen CDs. This site Fifth Imperium has permission!

Comment

It is a trap

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      They enslaved a bunch of other authors. Well, a lot of the earlier ones are available from the baen CDs. This site Fifth Imperium has permission!
                      Warning, it is a trap. Baen loves giving you the early novels is a cheap/free form but the latest book usually is only available in hardcover for 6 months to a year before the cheaper paperback is printed.

Until I started reading Baen SF I never bought hardcover, afterwards I would read a series and then everytime I went by the local bookstores the hardcovers would call out to me "You want to know what happens next!".

I now own a tons of hardcovers I would never had bought if I had never heard of Baen.

Again it is a trap, once they give you the free samples they know they have you hooked with two-three books a day Monkey on your Back.

Have fun reading.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        That's one of the websites I've had memorized for... years. It got me through a many moons of sitting at a dull post.
                        Know ye the Baen Free Library? There's quite a few books (some series starters, some stand-alone) for free perusing and download.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          Warning, it is a trap. Baen loves giving you the early novels in a cheap/free form...
                          Well, his name's anagram is Bane...

Comment

Warning, it is a trap.

Comment

...I now own a tons of hardcovers I would never had bought if I had never heard of Baen....
                              Like Christine Lavin's conspiracy CDs of singer-songwriters... I have bought over 800 CDs because of that nefarious wench. I Whined to her at a folk/bluegrass festival and she said, "Oh, have you listened to this one? Dee Carstensen?" Sigh. Nine more.

Comment

Looks like I may not have a new job after all. FML

Comment

Working...
                                X