Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 05-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Escapee

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
Do you think you could mention the flat to them without them getting totally offended? It's a safety issue and I'm worried about them. Sometimes people don't notice stuff like that. But of course there's the possibility they have and can't afford to fix it or don't care.
*sigh* I found out they bought another car, an older SUV, which is now parked next to the old junker car with the flat tire. That's why it hasn't moved. So annoying! We just got a different car towed since it hadn't moved in months, and now immediately we get another car that's not going to move? Nobody claimed the other car (had Canadian plates) but we all know who this one belongs to. I hope they have plans to get rid of it, I have to talk to the property manager about my dishwasher anyway so I'll bring it up.

We don't have permit parking or assigned spots, I'd have to get out the lease to see how long a person has to deal this this sort of thing.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Loanshark IT

When you read the "You know you drive a junker" thread and think. "I need to go start that thing and see if it still runs."

Old 05-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Gun Pimp.

True story, got pulled over for what ever, cop asked what color the car was, it was faded somewhere between gray/blue/green? I said put down whatever color you like I'll agree.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

...if the speaker at the McDonald's drive-through sounds better than the ones in your car...you know you drive a junker

...if your insurance company pays you to keep it off the road, you know you drive a junker...
...if its mere existence brings down property values in the entire county...
...if you tell the gas station attendant to "fill it with oil, and check the gas..."

Old 06-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
... put down whatever color you like I'll agree.
A friend of mine used to race his car with a local club. On the entry form, you are supposed to put what color your car is, in part so they can identify you out on the track.

He filled out "Color: No".

(His car used to be Petrel Blue, a wonderful blue-green metallic color. But decades of sun exposure and lack of care completely trashed the paint.)

Old 06-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth protege View Post
...if you tell the gas station attendant to "fill it with oil, and check the gas..."
My cousin had one like that in his teens. The punchline: he took that junker on a cross-country move due to a custody decree change.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 06-07-2018, 02:41 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
A friend of mine used to race his car with a local club. On the entry form, you are supposed to put what color your car is, in part so they can identify you out on the track.

He filled out "Color: No".
I saw one of those yesterday -- it looked like bare metal, with ample stippling of rust.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:40 AM
I need a life

....when someone else's car is making a weird sound and you think it's yours.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth protege View Post
...if the speaker at the McDonald's drive-through sounds better than the ones in your car...you know you drive a junker
My speakers only sound ok when the car is moving. Dad refuses to replace them again (I have no clue how) because at this point I have blown 3 sets of speakers. It's not my fault though, Deep Purple and AC/DC should not be played softly.

When you haven't started the car for almost 2 weeks and you end up needing roadside assist to jumpstart you. Then have the repair guy look at the battery, wipe away some dust and double check the install date again. Battery was new way back in 2010. Repair guy was shocked it lasted that long. But my baby is a 1991 Corolla, the only things that need power are the alarm and digital clock.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
... and it's the gas tank ... (Yep. A '61 Fairlane 2-speed automatic in a blizzard)
Dude, that happened to me. Thankfully I was already slowed for a stop sign and the muffler was still supporting the gas tank enough while dragging on the ground, so I could pull into a parking lot and call tow truck.

Imagine my call to boss that morning.
Uhm, I'm going to be a bit late. Seems I lost my gas tank."
Boss: