This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    ...if you tell the gas station attendant to "fill it with oil, and check the gas..."
    My cousin had one like that in his teens. The punchline: he took that junker on a cross-country move due to a custody decree change.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      A friend of mine used to race his car with a local club. On the entry form, you are supposed to put what color your car is, in part so they can identify you out on the track.

He filled out "Color: No".
      I saw one of those yesterday -- it looked like bare metal, with ample stippling of rust.

Comment

....when someone else's car is making a weird sound and you think it's yours.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          ...if the speaker at the McDonald's drive-through sounds better than the ones in your car...you know you drive a junker
          My speakers only sound ok when the car is moving. Dad refuses to replace them again (I have no clue how) because at this point I have blown 3 sets of speakers. It's not my fault though, Deep Purple and AC/DC should not be played softly.

When you haven't started the car for almost 2 weeks and you end up needing roadside assist to jumpstart you. Then have the repair guy look at the battery, wipe away some dust and double check the install date again. Battery was new way back in 2010. Repair guy was shocked it lasted that long. But my baby is a 1991 Corolla, the only things that need power are the alarm and digital clock.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            ... and it's the gas tank ... (Yep. A '61 Fairlane 2-speed automatic in a blizzard)
            Dude, that happened to me. Thankfully I was already slowed for a stop sign and the muffler was still supporting the gas tank enough while dragging on the ground, so I could pull into a parking lot and call tow truck.

Imagine my call to boss that morning.
            Uhm, I'm going to be a bit late. Seems I lost my gas tank."
            Boss:

Comment

Working...
            X