This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh hi, eh!

Hi! I got sucked into reading these horror stories about customers while Stumbling, and figured maybe I could contribute. So here I am!

About Me- Mother of two precious monsters, worker of 2 jobs on top of my attempt to write a Fantasy novel (actually, a whole series, but it's slow going right now), engaged to be hitched.

Likes- Coffee, bacon, cats, trees, THE OCEAN, writing poetry, smiling, video games, reading, playing the cello (pfft, like I have time for it anymore), cake, philosophy, painting my nails in odd and interesting ways, Ebay.

Dislikes- E-books, people who go out of their way to make my life suck, pollution, people who give me dirty looks when my kids (3yr old boy, 9mth old girl) throw tantrums/yell/behave badly in public places, people who smell bad, spiders, burnt coffee, narrow-minds, confrontation, Canada Post.

As my day job, I work as a privately hired home care aide, Hospice Division. It's a job that makes me feel good about what I do, but it's not fun, and sometimes the people who hire me are HORRID. They may be going through a hard time, but really, kindness is easy. My patients on the other hand are (almost) always amazing people that have accepted what is happening to them.

My night job is as as a waitress/server/bus-girl thinger in a.. Well, a club. A club in which women are very.. Free about showing their skin, you know. A club with poles. NO, I do not take part in this. I just smile and bring drinks/food to men who usually don't spare me a second thought (THANK GOODNESS).

Hi! Did i already say that?
    Last edited by Paradoxical Pea; 05-30-2013, 10:51 AM.

Hey fellow Canadian! I'm newer here too but welcome! :-D

Comment

The "eh" says you are probably in eastern Canada...I think. So hi from just over the NYS border!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Greetings from North Texas! Glad to have you aboard! Hey, as a tip also, if you want to see the really crazy CS tales, go to the War Stories section. You really can't get any crazier than some of the stories in that section. My personal favorite is Vinegar Boy, that one is a definite must-see.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here! We're a friendly bunch!
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          The "eh" says you are probably in eastern Canada...I think. So hi from just over the NYS border!

OrNorthern Michigan/North east Wisconsin.

Dere be plenty of us dat say eh on de forum.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            OrNorthern Michigan/North east Wisconsin.
            Dere be plenty of us dat say eh on de forum.
            My favorite 'none-so-blind-but-those-who-will-not-see' moment since moving here - someone on the south side of the Menominee River making fun of the way Yoopers talk.

Welcome aboard Para! Massive props for the hospice work - I know it's a tough row to hoe. The people who did it for my FiL were fantastic. (And I don't think the rest of us were SCs, afaik. Sorry there are some.)

Kinda surprised the patrons at the club are so casual - I'd have thought that the usual "no touching" rule applied to the performers would make the waitrons more susceptible. Glad to hear it's not so.

And although it's just a contest in my head, I occasionally ruminate on the disparity in work of some two job holders, and I'm pretty sure you're in the running for first place.

Comment

Welcome, and thank you for the bacon *nomnomnom* I like cats too; you do know that an outfit without cat hair is incomplete.

Start readin!
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

Welcome aboard Para! Massive props for the hospice work - I know it's a tough row to hoe. The people who did it for my FiL were fantastic. (And I don't think the rest of us were SCs, afaik. Sorry there are some.)

Kinda surprised the patrons at the club are so casual - I'd have thought that the usual "no touching" rule applied to the performers would make the waitrons more susceptible. Glad to hear it's not so.

And although it's just a contest in my head, I occasionally ruminate on the disparity in work of some two job holders, and I'm pretty sure you're in the running for first place.
                I was surprised by the patrons as well. I mean, there are the few that come in and harass me, but since I'm always dressed conservatively, the gropes (and sadly tips) are quite few.

The hospice work, well, most clients are quite kind, but the nightmares caused by the ones that aren't will haunt me forever. Not to mention the grope-y old husbands that I want to slap, and the shriek-y young relatives that just want their cut of the will.

Oh wow, first place? I mean, maybe I'm just desensitized by now, but I can think of much worse.

Comment

I'm from Western Canada, actually. Coastal.
                  'The Best Place on Earth'. No, seriously, that's our provincial motto.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    My favorite 'none-so-blind-but-those-who-will-not-see' moment since moving here - someone on the south side of the Menominee River making fun of the way Yoopers talk.
                    You do know I am a Yooper right? A displaced one... but still a Yooper...

Comment

Quoth Paradoxical Pea View Post
                      Oh wow, first place? I mean, maybe I'm just desensitized by now, but I can think of much worse.
                      Really? Gotta hear this! The contrast between comforting someone through the last stage of life and bringing liquor to debauching partiers seems pretty stark to me.

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      You do know I am a Yooper right? A displaced one... but still a Yooper...
                      No I didn't. But as a lover of all aspects of language, especially regional dialects, what made me chuckle was that these jokers spoke exactly the same, not that they were "right" about Yoopers sounding odd. They seemed to have it in their heads that being a quarter mile across a river made some sort of difference in the way they talked.

(Do you miss it up here? Such a beautiful area.)
                      Last edited by sms001; 06-02-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X