This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An innocent bystander calls it like it is

This happened a bit ago, but I was at work tonight re-filling the candy dishes and I realized I hadn't posted about crazy wrapper lady yet. This is a good one. She wasn't sucky, just funny.

This was late on a Saturday night, and I was standing at the till again (as usual), giving somebody change for a $20...dealing with "that guy" - the one who would try and be witty when you asked him what type of change he wanted back (2 tens, 4 fives, etc) and he would say something dumb like "four tens" or " two twenties". har har, not funny the millionth time.

Anyway, after "that guy" laughed himself and his change out the door, the next customer in the line was an old woman who wanted to pay for her bill. She was really polite....but strange. Here's why:

FL = funny lady
    Me= yeah, it's me...

FL: Hi, how are you today?
    Me: Doing well, and you? It will be $xx.xx please.
    FL: *nicely hands me the money* Oh, may I have a piece of candy please?
    Me: Sure, it's free.
    FL: Great, thank you. *takes a piece of candy and pops it in her mouth* Do you have anywhere to put the wrapper?
    Me: Yes, I have a trash can right here under the co - *notices that FL has decided to toss the wrapper on the ground, right in front of the till*
    Me: I have a trash can right here. *pulls trash can out from under the counter, hoping FL will realize I want her to actually throw away her wrapper somewhere else other than the floor*
    FL: *opens another candy* Thanks for the candy.
    Me: Sure.....

Innocent bystander appears in line behind her. I start taking care of her bill, when suddenly....from nowhere.....it's FL again!

FL: *cuts through the line of people and shows me her handful of candy wrappers*

(note: I was a little perplexed as to how quickly this woman was sucking down candy. She had something like four or five wrappers in her hand the second time. I think, now in retrospect, that she just really loved her candy)

Me: *decides repetition might be necessary for this situation* Ma'am, I have a trashca -

FL: *proceeds to throw her handfull of candy wrappers into an innocent pile of dirt that the DMOs were trying to sweep up* I thought I would help you out and just put that over there....

Me: ...Or not.

FL: *gives me a goofy smile* (I'm not sure how to describe her face...it was a little bit crazy though)

Me: *trying not to laugh* ...thanks?

FL: *shuffles away and out the door, probably with a whole pocket full of candy*

Innocent bystander in line: I don't think she was listening to a word you said.

Me: Yeah, I don't think so either.
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

I really don't think it was funny.

Maybe she was hard of hearing.

Unless we know for sure, I'm going with sucky, because really, there's no reason to do that.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What a loon!

Although I've been that innocent bystander before myself... sometimes I just can't help myself. (I just can't help myself either, I have a big mouth!)
      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Working...
      X