Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expensive Dinner Man Returns.... (Long and lots of backtracking)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you, both for quitting (even unofficially) and particularly for not signing the write up. You've documented that this guy has been unbearably rude, condescending and degrading to you, both at work and in a public place away from work, and your employer won't stand up for you? They're not worth working for, IMO.

Good luck with the job hunt, and sorry this had to turn out this way.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I also say "Good luck to you!"

If you're going to get yelled at for following rules you've confirmed are still in exisitance, you don't need it.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Thanks for the good thoughts guys, and truthfully I am happy that I am leaving. I actually liked my job when I started but in the last 3 or 4 months it's just starting to become a pain in the ass. Right now I'm looking forward to getting a new job. 2 years at a first job, I hope that'll find me something. Ah well. *Goes off to fill applications.*
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Good for you for your plan to get out of the evil parking business, Arena Boy!

In June, it will be nine years since I said buh-bye to the parking business myself, after 15 years with the same Company, at various Downtown office building locations. I haven't regretted it since.

It would be a great twist of Karma, and probably a miracle, if somewhere down the road you ended up being in a postion of power over EDM, such as his boss or something, and you wouldn't necessarily need to be a total dick towards him to seek revenge, but to be able to convey to him somehow that there's a chance you might do so, just to keep him on edge.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

You have got to me ***'in kidding me!

And this parade of supervisors and dept. heads who assured you of correct policies, where were they when you got this ridiculous writeup? Oh I get it, one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't routine

I hope you let mr. bagel-backbone have it with both barrels. Or at the very least, wrote something like "Not a Chance" on the signature part of the writeup form. Well, best of luck on the jobsearch.
            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
              Ah yes, the fantasy big shot that apparently exists, but is never seen by anyone and is known only by the most awful of SCs.
              And then there is the opposite one, the Owner That Is Their Friend. He/she exists alright, and isn't it amazing how many assholes are their friends?

One of the places I work for is owned by a guy who is very famous and popular in a certain city (not this one), and people from said city always come in and say, "Hey, is Owner here? We're good friends!" Now, Owner is a great, friendly, gregarious, enthusiastic, energetic guy, and talks to EVERYONE. (I finally met him this last week, and now know his reputation meets reality.) So we on staff pretty much believe that all these peoples that are "good friends" with owner are simply people he said hi to once and shook their hand in that "How the hell are you!" very friendly manner he has. I am guessing that off all the "Friends of Owner" I have met in my three months there, MAYBE one knows him more than just from a chance encounter. MAYBE. But his good friends? Wouldn't have to ask US if he were in town, now WOULD they?

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              I'm not signing the write-up because I was told by the asst. dept head, the dept. head, and numerous supervisors that those barrels cannot be moved and I've checked every time I've worked Bank Row.
              Your boss is an ass. Not only should you not sign the write-up, you should get a copy of it. Take that copy, along with copies of the documentation you have already presented about the past asshattery of EDM, and when you do quit, present them with your resignation letter to your boss's boss, or better, someone higher up than that. It is pretty much what I did with Shit Weasel, and the results were impressive to say the least. (For those wondering, an update is coming in that story too....just waiting on a few things to play out.) I am not saying that your boss is as bad as Shit Weasel (he was a piece of work after all), but as far as your job and this crap? Broomjockey said it best:

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              If you're going to get yelled at for following rules you've confirmed are still in exisitance, you don't need it.
              One more thing: if after you leave your job you run into EDM, by all means, go totally SC on him. He deserves it. And 1. he won't be able to gloat about costing you your job, because you quit, and 2. he won't know where you work. (I just hope you don't run into him at your new job!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Mmm - chance of filing for harassment?

I don't mean through the court - just warn the local police station that the guy has previously followed you around and harassed you elsewhere, so you're making a formal statement in case he does so again. That means that if you do have to report him later, you've got back up ) at least it works that way over here).

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Your boss is an ass. Not only should you not sign the write-up, you should get a copy of it. Take that copy, along with copies of the documentation you have already presented about the past asshattery of EDM, and when you do quit, present them with your resignation letter to your boss's boss, or better, someone higher up than that. It is pretty much what I did with Shit Weasel. The results were impressive to say the least. I am not saying that your boss is as bad as Shit Weasel (he was a piece of work after all), but as far as your job and this crap?
                  No way in hell that I will sign it. I will ask for a copy of it and plan to do those above actions. I am definitely looking forward to this when I get out. That boss of mine has been the butt of our complaints ever since he got the position.

Quoth Jester:One more thing: if after you leave your job you run into EDM, by all means, go totally SC on him. He deserves it. And 1. he won't be able to gloat about costing you your job, because you quit, and 2. he won't know where you work. (I just hope you don't run into him at your new job!)
                  Jester, it's been said before and it will be said again but you are awesome. I have quite a few choice words ready for him if it happens. That and I plan on telling my employers about him on the off chance that he comes around again. I may never see him again but you know what they say about bad pennies.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

You know what I'd do? Since he went up to you when you weren't at work and harrased you. I'd file a freaking restraining order. Then the arena can't fire you and he'll be forced to stay away from you. Can't move those barrels if its too close to his hummer.
                    "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Restraining order is what I've been thinking since the incident that wasn't at the arena.

Just call the local police dept's regular # (not 911) and ask to speak with someone about restraining orders. An officer isn't the deciding factor in getting one, but after you tell him everything that's happened with this guy harassing you, they might be able to tell you if it'll be worth your while to go in and file one.

Worst thing that can happen is the judge denies it......and nice judges will tell you why, and if you have any other options, if you're really really polite (or in my case, wearing a low cut shirt).
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I was enjoying this tale up till you got way laid by your festering rectal growth of a boss. What the hell?

Is it just me or do most bosses and SCs seem to come from the same urine ridden, mosquito infested, dead rat stuck in the filter shallow end of the gene pool? ><

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                          Jester, it's been said before and it will be said again but you are awesome.
                          Thanks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            Is it just me or do most bosses and SCs seem to come from the same urine ridden, mosquito infested, dead rat stuck in the filter shallow end of the gene pool? ><
                            .......er..wow Gravekeeper...you have such a way with words!!!

Anyhoo Arenaboy, I have to agree with the rest. He's harrasing you. In and out of work. He probably looks for you when parking so that he can keep this thing going. The bosses want to to let him get away with what ever he wants to do, telling you that it IS allowed, but coming up short when you ask why that wasn't stated earlier. The guy is obviously seeking you out to cause you trouble. The bosses don't know if he is the type to physically attack you, hell, they don't know if you would attack him. The point is, it's a liability. Someone could get hurt, and if that happened, either way the bosses are going to be liable for it.

Get out of there! Good luck! I'm happy for you!!!!!!!!!
                            Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                              Too bad it would be considered obscene to go pee on his spot while he was watching. *snickers*
                              WHo knows, he may be into that....

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                                In the case of CYA I decided to document the two business related incidents as the off site occurence in my case was minor and the proper authorities can and will be contacted. I have the documentation up and I am posting it (with names changed of course) and any input from you guys would be awesome.

Again, input would be appreciated. SnapAddict, he tried to bail himself out saying that he knew some big shots. Also, is it wrong and disturbing to be listening to Metallica's Search and Destroy while typing my notes up?

Please tell me you got his license number and just didn't include it. That is the MOST valuable piece of information in your possession.
                                Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Working...
                                X