This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah.... Just give me a second to tie my tubes

Ok i like kids. I love them. I wanna be Angelina Jolie (with out Brad Pitt, the insanity and flying all over the world thing). I want like 4 kids one day. But today... god today i just wanted to take a plastic knife, flay my gut like a fish and tie those suckers off so that nothing like that could ever come out of me.

Now asides from the usual kids (with a parent or a grandparent, behavedish) and teens these ones came in... they are some who are why im (on occassion) questioning the need to reproductive organs

Hi, Its Call Ritalin
    I had this kid come in today who i think missed a dose of something, or stole from his moms stash, or something because man was he hyper. Side note I don't know why parents just give there kids a few bucks and send them to fast food joints during the summer...

HK- Hyper Kid
    Me-

Me- *talking to a lady at my till taking notice of a kid all but hopping in place staring at me like im an alien, trys to concentrate and take this lady's order*
    The lady says five words and then
    HK- Hey how much is french toast
    Me- *glares at the kid points to the lady and goes back to taking her order*
    Me- *finishes the order* 1.83
    HK- 1.83? for french toast? MAN!
    The kid then runs away. I have no idea what hes doing but he stops to talk to a woman. He then runs around the lobby, and touches everyone. I don't mean like he was playing tag or something. He would stop lean against them, or hug them or grab their arm or legs. I can see some annoyance in some of my customers eyes, but most are laughing. Im trying to figure out if i can kick him out just for hugging the customers.... I finish a order and before the next person can move forward here HK. Im mad at him.

HK- *thrusts a bill and come change into my face* here
    Me- Ok...
    Rings him up.
    Guy behind him- Think he missed his morning dose of Ritalin (stop the laughing must not laugh)
    -LATER- his frnech toast is done. I call his number and hand over a tray witht he french taost and a cup of syrup. Hes still hyper.
    HK- I need two syrups.
    Me- *hands him another* (thinking- ewww ones enough)
    HK- No i need two MORE
    Me- (Thinking- ohhhhh hell no. Ones more than enough, two your soaking them in it, three your drinking it and throwing it around the lobby) No i can only give you two.
    HK- Ok *runs away*
    Guy behind him- Ok wow... im happy im leaving

RUB IT IN MY FACE WHY DON'T YOU!!!!!

Im sorry I cant give you something you didn't ask for
    Two teens (im calling them teens because they are kissing and groaping like their is no tomorrow- so not older than teens) come in.
    TG- Tramaticly dumb girl
    TB- Stupid boy friend
    Me-

Me- Hi, how can i help you today.
    TG- yeah... I want... two number 8s. But only one with a drink.
    Me- Two number 8s. One no drink. Right?
    TG- Yeah, i only need one drink.
    Me- *Rings it up* Two number 8s, only one drink (its a weird order... i triple check weird orders) anything else.
    TG- Yeah...Uh Jalapeno Poppers
    Me- How many?
    TG- seven? seven
    Me- ok..... two number 8s, only one drink, 7 popper... is that all?
    TG- Yeah.
    Me- (the usual end of transation speal)
    Its busy, Im grab orders together. I finish their order hand it out. I run in the back and grab a salad for the order right after theirs. I come back and they look mad and are talking to my co worker.
    Me- Whats the matter?
    TB- Wheres our number 11.
    Me- Im sorry what?
    TG- We ordered a number 11.
    Me- (already had to give a free drink today because some guy bitched at me because HE forgot to grab his drink when i got it for him, and someone else took it) No you didn't
    TG- Yeah we did.
    Me- No you didn't. You said 'two number 8s, only one drink'. I triple checked. You never said a number 11.
    TB- Yeah we did.
    Me- Sir, I happen to have a pretty good memory. I triple checked. Are you saying you ment one of your combos to be an 11 (i don't know how i can mistake those two for each other but its the only one ill except to fix their order).
    TG- No we wanted the number 8s AND a number 11.
    Me- Well then you forgot it. I can ring it up right now for you. *rings up the combo 11 real quick* It'll be $x.xx more.
    TG- *whispers to her boyfriend* You know what forget it.

Look im sorry if your order is wrong, but i can't ring you up for soemthing you didn't think to ask for when you ordered. I could lose my job if i did that. I triple checked your order. Iasked you repeatedly to confirm your order. You had plenty of time to review yout reciete. You dropped the ball and it isnt my fault.
    SIGH....

Please tell there are young people out there who aren't annoying.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 06-08-2007, 04:08 AM.

They were hoping to get the #11 for free.
    You didn't fall for it- good for you.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      When I was young (not so very many years ago...) I was a well-behaved person. Still am, actually. I happen to see the occasional nice young person. It's the people they hang out with, however.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My sympathies

Yeah, sounds like there was something wrong with the kid. While him inturrupting might just be rudeness, most kids over 4 or 5 aren't physically affectionate with strangers, they've had time to observe that that's not normal. That he was points to developmental delays and/or severe self-control problems. Which means, yeah, he really shouldn't have been out unsupervised.
        What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Sad how the kid who actually needs the ADD meds didn't get it, but thousands of other normal children who don't actually have ADD get too much just because parents are tired of dealing with them.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
            Yeah, sounds like there was something wrong with the kid. While him inturrupting might just be rudeness, most kids over 4 or 5 aren't physically affectionate with strangers, they've had time to observe that that's not normal. That he was points to developmental delays and/or severe self-control problems. Which means, yeah, he really shouldn't have been out unsupervised.
            Or it could be a case of emotional neglect or over-sheltering. My husband has a former co-worker/friend that homeschools his children, who can get pretty clingy. They do participate in socializing activities outside of the home and have the opportunity to play with children their age. But most of the day, they only see each other and the family doesn't entertain all that much. So when the husband and I come visit, they like to climb all over us and clamor for our attention when we're still trying to catch up with the parents.
            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

That kid probably has ADHD. My son has it along with a impulsivity disorder. He acts like that. Constantly running around and yelling things and interupting people (never really did hug on people much though). My other son has it but he is only in kindergarted and I refuse to have him put on meds yet. I will wait until he either makes it to first or if he is showing problems in school.
              Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                I'm nineteen, I look twenty-four, I work at a burger joint and my most annoying customers are teenagers. Always dressed like idiots, listen, if you want to be nonconformists, do as I do: DRESS HOW NO ONE ELSE DRESSES. Don't just dress the same as a bunch of people whom call themselves nonconformists.
                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I saw a kid like that al walmart today. I needed to a new bra, so I was browsing for one. This kid was spinning in circles and singing in some weird sounding language (like a made up alien language.) When he saw me, he began following me around, still singing this song, and putting bras on his head. And began jumping up and down. Finally, Grandma came and got him. Weird kid.

My cousin had ADHD too. I think his parents quietly put him on ritalin, but they also enrolled him in Tae Kwon Do. The kid was already way hyper, I can only imagine how he was after he learned new moves. I asked my uncle, plainly "Why did you put him in TKD? He's just gonna hurt someone!" And he said "Its so he has a place to direct his energy." I can only imagine how many kid he hurt from that...

Comment

All the children in my old neighborhood I swear were crack babies (which actually really isn't funny, it's actually very very sad) or are severely untreated ADHD. These children could scream at the top of their lungs for hours and hours and could chase each other around and around and around and around and around and around and around the apartment complexes from 8 am until 9 pm and would never forget to stomp up and down the stairs and rattle all the guard rails on the balconies.....

Then again, I swear every child I see in a store in public is either a crack baby or has ADHD. I was a pretty active child, but I never had the ability to scream so loud, run so far, knock over so much stuff, or make such a mess. I mean, of course if I ever dared to act like that, I got a spanking and the belt when I got home, but that's neither here nor there.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

In defense to the parents who send their kids to get fast food alone during the summer, my parents did that too. Only we would spend the whole morning with my dad, he would giv us ten bucks and ask us to ride up to McD. It got us out of the house, gave us exersise and afterwords we would either go to our baby sitters (until i was 11 when i just baby sat with numers on speed dial and a neighbor checking in) or my uncles so my dad could go do his job, he was an independant computer builder. But We always went together we never scream and ran around like ive seen some kids do (its a common occurance with fast food places during the summer to have lots of kids, i think parents use us as free babysitters) and we would ride there and go home.

Comment

I like you slice and dice, I really do. Especially your penchant for passionate misspellings that add syllables. "Tramaticly" is my new favorite word (I'm guessing a blend of trauma and dramatic, or maybe dramatically tragic?) Ok, I've been working with words all day, you ever get to that point that all words you read start to look weird, even when you know they're right?
                        Last edited by zzapp the witch; 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM.
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                          I like you slice and dice, I really do. Especially your penchant for passionate misspellings that add syllables. "Tramaticly" is my new favorite word (I'm guessing a blend of trauma and dramatic, or maybe dramatically tragic?) Ok, I've been working with words all day, you ever get to that point that all words you read start to look weird, even when you know they're right?
                          I....I....I
                          Ok im dyslexic... i survive on spell check... and it was suppose to be traumicly..... or something.... i... dont even wanna go into the horrors of elementry school

And yeah to the the words begin looking weird even when they are right thing. I write all day, i love writing. I Love Writing short storys. Don't ask me how i do it but i do. But i know when its time to stop when your own name looks weird...

Comment

Quoth KamenRiderOsaka View Post
                            My cousin had ADHD too. I think his parents quietly put him on ritalin, but they also enrolled him in Tae Kwon Do. The kid was already way hyper, I can only imagine how he was after he learned new moves. I asked my uncle, plainly "Why did you put him in TKD? He's just gonna hurt someone!" And he said "Its so he has a place to direct his energy." I can only imagine how many kid he hurt from that...
                            Just a note on Tae Kwon Do and kids with ADD/ADHD...

My son's teacher last year was also his TKD instructor, and he had ADHD as a child (still does I suppose, but needs no treatment for it). He encouraged us to sign our ADHD/OCD/Tourettes son up for his classes. It was fantastic! It wasn't so much a place to channel his energy, but a place for him to learn discipline and self control. My son learned a lot from the classes and was one of the star students, despite his behavioral issues.

/soapbox

Comment

Quoth Jules Of All Trades View Post
                              Just a note on Tae Kwon Do and kids with ADD/ADHD...
                              I agree that it helps, I have ADHD and I did all kinds of sports ranging from soccer to basketball and running along with my 5 year stint in martial arts. It turned out to be a big help for me. That and I also have a devotion to karate.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                              X