Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC gets what he asked for, not what he wanted.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC gets what he asked for, not what he wanted.

I work for a furniture manufacturer. I had a SC call me up asking for a custom piece. In this case, the SC is not a normal customer, but they are one of our reps. They are the head person (i.e. his name is over the door) at his firm. I got the details and told him that I would get the quote done. Here is the conversation:

SC: I need that quote now.
    Me: I can’t do it now, it requires a quote from our vendor and they take 2-3 days to quote things.
    SC: I called you to get a quote, I need it now.
    Me: That is not possible.
    SC: You are not understanding, I WILL have a price before I hang up the phone.
    Me: No, you are not understanding. I can not give you a quote without knowing what it is going to cost me to make.
    SC: How much is it going to be?
    Me: Somewhere about $300.
    SC: Good, put that in writing.
    Me: I can’t. That was an educated guess. I can’t quote it to you without a vendor quote. I can make a guess that you can take as a guess.
    SC: Look, when I say I’m not hanging up without a price, I mean it. I need that price in the next 10 minutes.
    Me: Fine. I am not willing to gamble with my company’s money, so I have to guess higher than it could possibly be. I will not take a risk with my profit margin just because you are impatient. If you need a quote now, the price is $1000.
    SC: $1000, that is ridiculous.
    Me: Your right, but so is demanding something that I can not give you. I am more than willing to get a quote done for you, but it will be 2-3 days.
    SC: FINE! Just write me the quote in the next 10 minutes!(click)

I do not deserve to be talked to like that, so I told my boss what I was doing and wrote him a Quote that minute for $1000. I sent a cover sheet describing that it was so expensive because I refused to guess low. I got the quote from my vendor 2 days later, and wrote the SC a quote for $325.

A month goes by. We get a Purchase Order from the SC for the custom piece…with the price $1000.

I called his assistant and asked. She said that he was so mad, when I sent the revised quote in he threw it away without reading it.

Gotta love an extra $675 pure profit on an item that retailed for $375.

Beautiful!
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

That was beautiful! Makes my day!

Comment

What an asshat! Well, at least some SC's prove to be good for business!
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Nicely done. You and your company earned that extra $675 for dealing with that asshat.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Hey he wanted a quote in ten minutes and you gave him one. He can't complain because he got what he asked for.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Oh, that is completely and utterly priceless!

... I don't suppose you're the same Bob the Goat as on the GU forums?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

awesome! Woohoo for idiots!!

Comment

One for the good guys!

Comment

That just brings a tear to the eye.

*wiping down glasses*

Can't say he didn't get what he asked for now can he? It's a win-win situation: he got his quote within 10 minutes, your company got a $675 Arrogance Tax.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

You realize of course that you are my current hero.

Wow! At Kinko's, we used to sometimes charge an Asshole Tax, but nothing of this magnitude.

Dude. Teach us. Seriously.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Wow! At Kinko's, we used to sometimes charge an Asshole Tax, but nothing of this magnitude.
                        I used to charge asshole tax at my last job, where I worked the retail counter 5 days a week. It felt so good!
                        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

All I've got to say is SCORE!!!!
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

What a dumb shit! You totally owned his ass!
                            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Oh, that is completely and utterly priceless!

... I don't suppose you're the same Bob the Goat as on the GU forums?

^-.-^
                              One and the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X