This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typical domino's conversation

I'm so bored that I decided to re-enact a typical phone conversation, with sounds a phone ringing, radio, and even the sounds of an asshole manager in the background. You may need to turn the volume up a little. This takes around five minutes when it should only take 30 seconds to make a pizza order.

http://www.myspace.com/reorganizedchaos

WOW....

I'm so glad that whenever I order from Dominos that:

A) I already know exactly what I want to order.
    B) I listen to the pre-recorded message about the specials.
    C) I'm as nice as possible to the person on the phone.
    D) I tip the driver well.

Of course ever since Dominos in my area added the ability to place the order online I haven't had to call. Its so much easier for me to order online. That way I can see every special available, take my time in deciding my toppings, and most importantly... save the sanity of the person taking the order on the phone from taking another order.
    New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
    New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

That was entertaining. Thank you.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I just placed on online order for Papa Johns 'cause Pizza Hut don't love me no more.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

poor Andara... I hate Pizza Hut anyways. Extra sause Extra cheese over here please.

Comment

The delivery guy told me that Papa John's doesn't deliver to my apartment complex, either, but online orders don't get caught for some reason.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At school, the Papa Johns my roommate and I like to order from asks for your phone number when you ask for delivery. That then brings up your address and such if you've ordered from them before. I have to say, it's a handy little system. Ask for one thing, then they have that and where you live.

And tipping the driver is key. It can turn an hour wait into a 30 minute wait. Hell, the Chinese place I order from is usually to my dorm in 15 minutes. I guess tipping 4-5 bucks is a lot.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                And tipping the driver is key. It can turn an hour wait into a 30 minute wait. Hell, the Chinese place I order from is usually to my dorm in 15 minutes. I guess tipping 4-5 bucks is a lot.
                The Pizza Hut near me, close enough that I could walk, but I don't want to carry a pizza 3 blocks, uphill, the whole way, now has me on a 1/2 hour delivery from 1 hour the first time I ordered. I usually plan out my order so it's about $15, hand them a $20, and tell them to keep the change.

Comment

I don't know if my dad is an especially good tipper, or if the restaurant was just particularly slow on this particular night, but one night my mom and I ordered Chinese (only 1 dish, too) and the guy was at my house in less than 10 minutes.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

TYpical Call

I listened for about 30 seconds, and stopped.
                    I hate those people. I tell them I have 30 specials, which we do kinda, an then ask them if they want me to read them all to them. The ones who say yes get it read in less then 1 minute. I tell them call back when they know what they want, and hang up.
                    Why can I do this. one reason. On Sundays during the school year the dorm cafs are closed. We get 500 orders unless its a 3 day holiday. They will now spend 10 more minutes or so trying to call us back with the order, and then wait 60-90 minutes for delivery. Just so you know we are not the only pizza shop in town. Every food place that delivers has at least a 60 minute wait on Sundays.
                    You do not know what you want, we got 3 lines or more on hold who do.
                    Order online if you want to take more then 2 minutes for the order, and that includes waiting for the damn credit card machines.
                    I learned the art of getting them to order fast, and get off the phone. I just tell them to order what they want to eat, and I will find the best coupons. If you are not nice you are paying full price. If you are cool. You get the best coupons that we allow except for the free ones etc. I have found a nice loop hole for reminding them to tip us drivers. I just tell them I found the best deal, and how much I saved them, and remember to be nice to the driver. I don't say anything about a tip, just be nice. Its been working out OK so far.
                    They complain about me rushing them. I ask them how hard was it to get through, and how long did they wait on hold. Don't make it slower for your suite mates ordering after you. My goal on weekends is at least 40 during a shift. Crazy job, but sometimes its fun to try set some insane goal like 60 deliveries in less then 10 hours. You just have to pray for no long singles to nowhere. I will say students suck tip wise. I know I was too poor to even buy pizza as one, but I always made sure I had tip money more then a buck, and the change if a money miracle happened. I used to have an account a couple board incarnations ago, and will work on reposting some of the insane stories. Some of them I have to work on cleaning up to reflect the standards of CS.

Comment

Dude, and I lived in Virginia...I think I knew those guys!

Comment

BUT I'VE GOT COUPONS
                        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

The Domino's here in town just moved to a new storefront literally three doors down from us. I love it! They're in the best chain pizza place here imo anyway. Their pizza is always great, the sides are done exactly right and the people they hire are pretty decent. I order from them once a week (usually Thursday or Friday nights) and give the delivery guy a big tip if he brings everything to my door for me when I'm feeling lazy. He loves it because he doesn't have to use his car and gets a nice chunk of money.

It's rude as hell to call up and take forever figuring out what you want. How hard is it to do that before picking up the phone? I can understand about maybe not knowing what specials are up for that week or month or whatever, but you should have the basic order in mind when you call.

Comment

Working...
                          X