Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most stupid question I've ever been asked...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most stupid question I've ever been asked...

I know this has been done before but I just had to post this one.

I work in Fashions, i.e. Womens Clothing. Yesterday, I'm standing right in the middle of the Fashions area, which is quite large BTW and chocked full of womens clothes, when I hear this:

SQA (stupid question asker): "HEY! HEY! Where the hell are the womens clothes?"

I honestly didn't know what to say to her.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Yikes.

I posted this a long time ago, but hey, everyone loves a classic:

Our washrooms were set up so the mens room and the handicapped washroom are next to each other, and the womens room is right across. I'm running around trying to clean theatres when this harridan stops me. <insert snotty voice here> "Excuse me, but where is the womens washroom? I see the mens <point> and handicapped <point> but WHERE is the womens?"

Not trusting my voice, I simply point over her shoulder.

Her reply? "Oh."
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Maybe she meant women's as in "bigger sizes" like 18 and up?

I think most places have a separate "larger women's size" area so maybe that is what she was trying to find.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post

It's like when I was a cashier, I was asked where the cereal was....

... while standing in the cereal aisle.
        ... of which cereal covered an entire side of the aisle.
        .... and my back was to the cereal, so all the person had to do was look past me.

Comment

Maybe she thought all of your clothes were "juniors" and she was looking for clothes for older women?

Comment

In a pharmacy:
            "Do you guys sell aspirin here?"

No.

Comment

ooh I just pulled one of these... I was at a shoe store and I asked where the little footie things were - um... they were just to my right. I didn't see them.

Comment

Working at the computer store, over the phone:

1. Do you fix computers?
                or
                2. Do you sell computers?

Personally, I have never run into a computer shop that doesn't do both.
                "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Okay, I got one for stupid questions........

I work second shift in a convenience store. This happened during a busy time one evening.

"Can you tell me the number for (competitor store on such and such)."

"No, that's not one of our stores, but I'm sure it's in the phone book."

"I looked, and I couldn't find it. Do you think you can look and see if you can find it?"

"I'm busy with customers at the moment, and that's not one of our stores."

"Well, I really need that number."

"Sorry to hear your problem. Good luck with that. I need to go. I'm busy with customers right now."

"So, you can't tell me...."

"Nope!" I click the talk button and set the phone on the counter by the register.

The phone rings again. Rolling my eyes, I pick it up.

"You're not supposed to hang up on people like that!!!!!!"

I hang up again. It rings again. So, I unplug the base from the phone line for a few minutes until the rush is done. I guess this person must have gotten tired after that because I never heard any more.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Do you sell fishing bait/ supplies?

Background:
                    The shop we are in now, used to be a fishing shop, the owner closed down, and we moved in. We have Anime posters, and a sign stating our companies name. We still get people who will look and stare at the posters, and the banner. We get people coming in, and looking around at the different DVD's and Mangas. And yet, they would still ask, if we were the fishing shop. Lord, I wish I was making that up.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                      Do you sell fishing bait/ supplies?

Background:
                      The shop we are in now, used to be a fishing shop, the owner closed down, and we moved in. We have Anime posters, and a sign stating our companies name. We still get people who will look and stare at the posters, and the banner. We get people coming in, and looking around at the different DVD's and Mangas. And yet, they would still ask, if we were the fishing shop. Lord, I wish I was making that up.
                      .... i want some japanese fishing supplies!

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
                        Maybe she thought all of your clothes were "juniors" and she was looking for clothes for older women?
                        Fun fact: Misses and Juniors sizes are the same thing, just different fits. Juniors sizes have more butt room, misses sizes have more belly room.

I wear a size 15 (juniors). I can get by with a size 16 (misses) but they don't fit right, and they're not nearly as comfortable. Plus, they make me look heavier than I am because they don't fit right. Unfortunately, it's a bear to find size 15 jeans. Most places go up to 13 and stop, but the misses sizes go up past 20. *sigh*

I've found that most people don't know the difference any more, even those that work in clothing stores.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

"Do you sell CDs?" - Asked of me while I had my back to the Music department, complete with a big-ass sign that said "MUSIC" behind me.

"Where's your Video department?" - Again, when I had my back to said department, which takes up the whole side of the store, with yet another big-ass sign.

Which just goes to prove something that we all know - Customers. Don't. Read. Signs.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                            I know this has been done before but I just had to post this one.

I work in Fashions, i.e. Womens Clothing. Yesterday, I'm standing right in the middle of the Fashions area, which is quite large BTW and chocked full of womens clothes, when I hear this:

Stupid customers run in the chain... I often get asked if my lane is open, factoring that:
                            A. The barricade is pulled so that a cart can come down and unload onto the belt
                            B. The light is on.
                            C. I am standing behind the computer stand, wearing a red shirt

and of course my personal favorite: I will be standing in the tobacco lane/pit/cage, SURROUNDED by all sorts of tobacco and someone will ask me:

Do you sell cigarettes here?

Just 7 more weeks, just 7 more weeks.....

Comment

Ah, yes. I work in a Chevrolet parts department. We sell parts for ALL GM Vehicles, so I can understand the questions about GMC, Pontiac, etc. But last Saturday I had a guy ask if we sold parts for Camaros. The most popular Chevy. "Yes, nimrod, we do. But not for your Camaro. Bu-bye."
                              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                              X