Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see if your going to start a scene at least have the balls to carry it out ya know...

a few years ago december 16th we were waiting in a returns queue at a discount shop and there were 2 return tills going, we had 2 people in front of us and around 6-8 behind us... the staff were going flat tack trying to get stuff through and this woman pipes up with the class SC remark "THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I've been waiting forever!!!" and another woman agrees with her spouting "yeah" and nodding and I turn to them (I wasnt working) and said loud enough for the whole queue to hear

"no whats ridiculous is the both of you NOT expecting a queue on december 16th at *insert verywell known busy understaffed shop* at noon."
    then I turned to my mother and we had an equally loud converstation on how rude people had become these days and how sick we were of people thinking they could act like children in public. My mum isnt afraid of ANYONE and has no problem letting her opinion being heard, but she only speaks up IF she believes in what shes saying. Its one of the things I admire her for, if she has nothing else, that woman has GUTS!

The two woman never said another word, went bright red and looked at the floor the rest of the time we were in the queue..... dont open your mouth unless your willing to back up whatever drivel comes out. You just might have someone call you on it.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

It just goes to show that some people don't care about anyone but themselves. Yes, yes, we all know how wrong it is to inconvenience those self-absorbed types because they are so much more important than the rest of us, and we should bow down and be grateful that they choose to grace us with their presence.

I think I agree with RecoveringKinkoid, an employee shouldn't have to ask permission to leave when dealing with illness or some other type of health issue which makes it obvious the employee is not capable at the time of working.

Seriously, though, one thing that does aggravate me is when you go somewhere like Wal-Mart or the grocery store during a busy time of day, and there are only a couple of lanes open. I have seen it happen like that before.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Speaking of which... Snafu = Situation Normal, All Fucked Up, or "Shit! Not Another Fuck Up

Anyway, I've always felt that if someone wants to make themself look like an ass, then I have a duty, no screw that, an *obligation* to allow them to do so
        Oh, hell Yeah

My problems with the Ass, U, ME thing goes to far too many 'trainers' using it who came from the, what I call, pink fluffy cloud land.
        Quoth Anakah
        What difference would it have made if you were the manager? She seemed to be okay to have a bitch fit in front of you because she assumed you were the manager but when you called out the actual manager she got embarassed? People are so weird.
        It's a social emasculation thing. She got on her high horse to the 'Manager', he countered with 'I'm only a peon' (no offence) and she plummeted down as she'd raised and lost in front of the other (normal) customers.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth journochick View Post
          OL: 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, SENDING YOUR STAFF ON LUNCH?!'
          "Well, see, human beings have to eat every so often. Otherwise they get sick from low blood sugar. Didn't your alien leaders tell you this before they dropped you off?"
          Quoth Kiwi View Post
          this woman pipes up with the class SC remark "THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I've been waiting forever!!!" and another woman agrees with her spouting "yeah" and nodding and I turn to them (I wasnt working) and said loud enough for the whole queue to hear

"no whats ridiculous is the both of you NOT expecting a queue on december 16th at *insert verywell known busy understaffed shop* at noon."
          ...The two woman never said another word, went bright red and looked at the floor the rest of the time we were in the queue...
          Classic cut-down! Way to put those two self-important harpies in their place!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth journochick
            OL: 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, SENDING YOUR STAFF ON LUNCH?!'
            Well, see, if we don't let them eat, they pass out behind the register, and then we have to call the ambulance, not to mention the likelihood of them hitting their head on something back here, and then there's blood everywhere, cuz you know how head wounds can be...and then the biohazard people have to come and clean up cuz you can't be too careful these days ya know and......

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
            One woman said to me 'You don't have time to eat, you should be serving us!'
            And I bet if you had asked if she needed something she'd have said "No, I'm fine."
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              If you are suffering that sort of medical emergency, you don't ask if you can leave. You tell them you are leaving.

Don't give idiots life and death decisions over you. You can ask if you can go to lunch or whatever. If you are having a serious medical emergency, you don't ask. Clearly, your manager proved I'm right about this...he lacked the intelligence to make the proper decision.

When I was at the Olive Garden, I broke a foot. Long story here, but I'll keep it short and to the point. Obviously, not life threatening. However, the stupid bitch manager wanted me to finish my shift. With a broken foot (I might add this is the same stupid bitch that ended up locked in the freezer in another of my stories.). I didn't finish my shift. I left. That wasn't a decision she was qualified to make, so I didn't let her make it for me.

I was young, lucky for her. If I was the smart bitch I am now, I would have gotten some money out of her, just for her being a stupid bitch.
              I agree with you 100%, but if we walk out under any circumstance without a manager's permission, we get a threat of a write up. This happened to me one time prior at my job, though not as severe, and when I said I had to go, the supervisor told me to wait for the manager and if I left I would get a write up. If you refuse to work overtime, you get a write up as well. That place annoys me so much. Now, when I get lunch, I usually just eat some soy crisps or an energy bar or a salad and now i get made fun of for "starving myself". I can't win with the people my job and they are so unprofessional, but that's a WHOLE different thread right there! LOL

Comment

Ooh, you OWNED that one!!
                ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Cinnamaniac, I realize that. But going into, for instance, anaphylactic shock is considerably worse than getting written up.

In my case, my toe wasn't life threatening. It hurt, and I hated my manager, so I had a "screw this" attitude. I didn't need that job all that bad. And she didn't say anything to me about it anyway (probably because she realized she was being a jerk).

But if it was life threatening? Yeah. You can risk a write up in favor of saving your life. In fact, you can risk a firing in favor of saving your life. I promise you your job is not worth your life. I don't care what your situation is. Your life and health are more important.

Let's try to keep this in perspective here.

Comment

2. If you want to belittle me to make a scene, trust me - I can turn it right around.

Love, love, love you!!!
                    Beautifully done!!
                    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Hehe thanks guys, nice to hear I handled that okay!

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      What difference would it have made if you were the manager? She seemed to be okay to have a bitch fit in front of you because she assumed you were the manager but when you called out the actual manager she got embarassed? People are so weird.

And they need to understand that we are not robots and we need breaks too.
                      I think it was because I was the only one there, and that I'm young, she probably thought she could make me break down in tears or something. However, SHE was the one made to look small when the REAL authority figure had to come out specially to have a word.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                        Love, love, love you!!!
                        Beautifully done!!
                        Hehehe thanks!

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                          And they need to understand that we are not robots and we need breaks too.
                          That'll happen at approx. the same time that

Quoth air914 View Post
                          Honestly, it amazes me how a 3 year old can figure out "taking turns", but adults are the ones that somehow somewhere forgot this very important lesson........
                          But...but...acting like a three year old is SO immature!!!
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            Speaking of which... Snafu = Situation Normal, All Fucked Up, or "Shit! Not Another Fuck Up
                            At one point at work, I coined YASTFU (Yet another sales team fuck up).

That went down well with the fellow minions in the warehouse.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                            X