No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the garbage depot has a pin pad on the door, and only people in the building are supposed to have the code.

We'll see if that stops all the dumping of broken down couches that was gong on.

Comment

• Quoth Crai View Post
      In my current place I have a ground floor and the people above me have a kid... that likes to roller skate... in the apartment.
      I get to enjoy that fun noise as well from my upstairs neighbors. Their kids also run around like elephants on speed which causes my walls to vibrate. One of their kids also keeps repeatedly having screaming stomping tantrums at the idea of going to bed which is extra awesome cause he sleeps in the room above mine. I get that kids make noise and our floors are crap for soundproofing but they have decided that my noise is a problem. I keep my tv at a reasonable volume but one of them keeps staying up all hours of the night and then sleeping in the living room so apparently my noise must be at a 0 or else. They've already complained to the landlord and I had the fun time of dealing with that. My roommate can't hear my tv in his room. The cop they called on me said my volume was fine. The landlord brushed off my complaints and seems to think it's all on me but on the plus side he seems to be sticking with the "it's a shame you guys can't work things out" attitude rather than going after either of us. It's crap because I've tried to work with them on my volume but any time I complain to them about their noise they've been utter jerks. Now one of them has taken to slamming kitchen cabinets late at night (you don't have to slam all the cabinets closed after every plate you put away and then reopen all of them) and I think they are having extra loud sex as revenge because they don't realize that my roommate who sleeps under their room, isn't the one who watches tv in the living room.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
        Now the garbage depot has a pin pad on the door, and only people in the building are supposed to have the code.

We'll see if that stops all the dumping of broken down couches that was gong on.
        Place your bets! I got 200-1 odds for yes and 1-1 on no. Place your bets!
        ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• You shouldn't be throwing your ball at the buildings. I can't believe I got to witness it fly past my window and get lost on the roof. YES! That was perfect. (You two are adorable; I'm just irritated at your parents for letting you do this.)
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• For about a month, there was a women's sports shoe on the little bit of roof outside my front window. I don't know how it got there. All I can guess is that someone threw it at the pigeons.

Then one day, it just disappeared. No idea what happened. Maybe the pigeons shoved it down to the ground? I'll never know, since the downstairs neighbor leaves all sorts of garbage around his front steps. It would just blend in.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
              Then one day, it just disappeared. No idea what happened. Maybe the pigeons shoved it down to the ground?
              That is hilarious. I'm imagining angry pigeons with an attitude. "..throw your shoe at us!" *grumble* *kick*

Comment

• I almost feel bad that I found this thread... Bad for you guys, since I'm relentlessly cranky at my neighbors. Not over anything worth calling the cops over, just stupid little things. Door slamming? Check. Loud hallway conversations? Check. Hogging the washer/dryer? Check.

But here's the dumb thing that I hate more than all the rest. My building is a big old converted house, three units upstairs, three units downstairs. On the other side of my kitchen wall is my neighbor's kitchen. The walls are paper thin. When my neighbors do dishes, my theory is that they don't use a sponge or rag. They just throw all their pots and cups and plates in the sink and bang them around. I have no other explanation to explain how stupid loud it is. I've lived here long enough that I KNOW it doesn't have to be that loud. The previous tenant didn't do this, neither did the one before that. They have spent up to one hour doing this.

Oh, and the lot across the street that used to be a community garden? Well for whatever reason, nobody used it this year or last year. (The property owner is an adjacent church, I suspect they did a major policy change, but I don't want to get into that) So since there is no garden, there is an entire vacant lot just growing grass and weeds and crap. One day I felt icky, so I was trying to nap, but it was warm so my windows were open. Obviously that's when one guy decided to take care of both the empty lot and the grass surrounding the church, which is a decent amount. One. Guy. So he mows. The mower turns off, and I sigh happily. Now the weed eater turns on. After a long time it turns off. Yay! Now the leaf blower turns on. You know how long this lasted? Three freaking hours.

I might be sucky, because I take 15-20 minute showers. I had no idea this was long. I don't know how to shorten it, unless I'm not washing my hair. Wash/condition hair, wash face, wash rest of self, shave if I feel fancy. If I'm not washing my hair I can be out in less than 10. I should say I shower every other day unless it's summer. And someone almost always flushes the toilet. Now I'm going to be paranoid they're doing it on purpose. Before I just thought they peed.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• with NAR' post above this one (with their mention of laundry machines), I remember this one from about 20 years ago.

My Mom was a decent seamstress/sewer (heck half of my cloths were made by her and most of her own at one time were made by her back in the 50's and 60's).

When my daughter was in her single digits age wise Mom (DD's Grandmother) made a bunch of cloths for DD in the early 1990's. The fabric Mom used was a bit unusual and unique (not sure where she got it from). they were DD's favorite for a while.

Our apt was right next to the laundry room so it was easy to keep an eye on stuff on laundry day. One day my now Ex when to get DD's cloths from the dryer and our laundry sitting on the floor in front of the dryer. The were also still wet. Ex also immediately noticed several pairs of DD's pants missing. Ex looked everywhere even thinking she had NOT washed DD's pants. No where to be found. DD was not happy that Grandma's cloths were missing.

A couple of days later Ex and DD were outside just hanging out when Ex noticed another tenants young child happened to be wearing pants that were suspiciously like DD's pants. Ex confronted said adult and they (is this really a surprise????) denied that their child was wearing DD's pants. Ex went inside and grabbed a remaining pair of DD's pants and again confronted the adult.

IT took a few minutes but said adult finally 'fessed up and gave DD's cloths back.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Post to this lady: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=114386 --

So I see there's a man with a clipboard and tools outside staring at the outside of my apartment, or maybe the roof. It's safe to assume he's here to survey for repairs or something. So my question is this: why are you out there discussing it with him, giving him information/advice? You've lived here a couple of weeks. I've been here 8 years and I wouldn't expect him to consult me. He should be talking to management. Stop bothering him and let him get on with it. I understand you may be on disability and bored, and I get that, but find something to do. I've seen you; you're fairly able-bodied. (I understand pain isn't visible, but heck, I LIVE in pain and I still do things.) I sometimes wish I were on disability because then this apartment would be clean and I'd have time to volunteer.

Comment

• I just thought I'd give an update, since I don't think I'll be posting here anymore.

I think my upstairs neighbors moved out. I doubt I was the only one complaining about them. There were a lot of loud noises and someone was taking down the Christmas lights off their balcony.

As for the garbage situation, the condo board hasn't yet ponied up to dispose of those damned couches. On the plus side, no more have shown up. I think the lock is working.

Hopefully I will no longer be posting on this thread. All the neighbors on my own level seem to be very nice.

Comment

• Hey Mr. Drug dealer. I know you were all surprised when your landlady showed up and kicked out the EIGHT people living in your house that were not on the lease, and also that your best customer stopped showing up (You know, because I took a picture of his WORK VAN with his company's name all over it, sent it to headquarters and asked if they knew their employee was representing them at the same time he was buying his meth), so it's been quiet.

Don't think I haven't noticed an uptick in traffic in front of your house again. Or that you named your wifi router "Dab king". Your next door neighbor and myself are on it, and I'm taking down plates again. How many of your customers got arrested by their parole officer after I gave my list of cars and license plates to the director of our local branch?

Comment

• Nice lol I love this! keep up the win.

Comment

• Can't he be kicked out for dealing?
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

• You would think, but the land lord only kicked out the people not on the lease. I do have a feeling his lease will NOT be renewed this year though

Comment

• Quoth April View Post
                                You would think, but the land lord only kicked out the people not on the lease. I do have a feeling his lease will NOT be renewed this year though
                                Evicting people can be a horrible pain. Not renewing the lease is likely the much easier route.

Comment

Working...
                                X