No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That stinks. Foot injuries really take you out because walking is such a basic thing. And I don't think most people really think about their feet until there's a problem. I've never owned a dog but I will steer clear of beagles in the future.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I've never owned a dog but I will steer clear of beagles in the future.
      I have beagles and they're great dogs, but you do have to be prepared for some things. They bark. A lot. Especially when they catch a scent. It's what they were bred for, so you can't really hold it against them. They have a really good sense of smell and will get into your garbage, cabinets, whatever they think they can get into to find what they want. And you have to have a good fenced in yard or never let them off leash because they'll follow that cute little nose and never look back. On the flip side, they're not picky eaters at all. While they're not as eager to please their humans as a lab might be, they will work for food. And they don't really care what that food is (or if it's even edible in the first place). They're great family dogs; sturdy enough for young kids, generally pretty easy-going and friendly, small enough you can manhandle them if necessary.

Tl;dr do your breed research. All dogs are good doggos when given the proper care and training.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
        That stinks. Foot injuries really take you out because walking is such a basic thing. And I don't think most people really think about their feet until there's a problem. I've never owned a dog but I will steer clear of beagles in the future.
        Yeah -- the injuries from walking Grace weren't very severe or long-term (basically plantar fascitis), but last year I hurt my Achilles tendon on a vacation, and it's amazing how distances around town just expanded while I was hobbling around with a cane.

Comment

• Why does it sound like you are MOVING FURNITURE at TWO THIRTY NINE AM?

Comment

• I was down for a nap in and out for a couple of hours and nothing. Then at TEN O CLOCK that's when you start shouting in the bathroom??!? First, why are all your discussions in there. Second, why do you have to shout? I can't even imagine if I'd been down for the night.

ETA: So this was last night, a weeknight when people had to work the next day. It's now Friday night and of course it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
            Last edited by Food Lady; 11-09-2019, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• That's it. It's only quiet around here when I'm not trying to sleep. When Mom moves here I think I'll rent from her despite the longer drive. I need to live in a house.

Comment

• I'll just post the email I sent to managment:

I am thinking you want to check the units around mine for damage to the
                walls or front door frames. This is not the first time this has
                happened--I've been woken out of a dead sleep before--but this is the
                first time to this degree. There was one really hard bang on the
                building, then another, then another. This did not sound/feel like
                banging doors. I have had to put up with a ton of that over the years
                so I would know the difference. It sounded like someone was ramming
                something into the wall or dropping something on the roof. I am not
                exaggerating. The walls and my closet door were shaking as if someone
                was hitting the building with a battering ram. I didn't know whether
                to call the police or go outside. I was honestly in a panic because I
                didn't know if something was wrong with the building or what. Of
                course, I was half asleep. I can understand if someone falls out of
                bed or something like that but this was three distinct times in
                succession, maybe a minute or so apart? I could not tell where it was
                coming from. It was the most alarming thing that's happened in this
                building and I have no idea what it was. I don't know how you would
                even investigate this.
                Update: 3 days later it just happened again, at 1:20 am. Emailed the manager again and I will every time so it's documented. Someone is ticked about me being up late, I suspect. It's probably the same people who make noise late at night. We shall see.
                Last edited by Food Lady; 11-22-2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• I gotta hear the update from this!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• I got an email reply saying how weird it is and that she's going to ask my neighbors if they heard it. I figure one of two things will happen:

1. Whoever it was will 'fess up.
                    2. They won't confess but maybe stop whatever it is they're doing because they have been called out.

Either option would work for me because I have trepidation surrounding bed time. It's like when you have a nightmare and don't want to go back to sleep.

ETA: It's been happening all weekend and I've been reporting it by email so that it's documented. I'm severely sleep deprived and having migraines. I just tried to lay down to take a nap before work and there was a ton of banging on the floor or the wall. Again my window and the pictures on my wall were shaking. I am going to try to get a half an hour in and tonight I had better be able to go to bed at a decent hour. if this happens tonight I am reporting that it sounds like there are bodies falling to the ground or against the walls. I don't know that it's a domestic and I'm not going to say that but I will give the police details that will prompt them to come over here.
                    Last edited by Food Lady; 11-24-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• I AM DONE WITH YOUR NONSENSE. Don't understimate me. You knocked it off for a week because you got a warning but I'm still documenting your banging into my wall. It is now my aim to get you evicted. I've done it before. You've brought that upon yourself. It's 9:46 pm and you have 14 minutes. Try me.

Comment

• If you drop a glass outside and break it, don't leave it outside my door. We had to clean it up so the broken glass doesn't get embedded in out shoes and cut our feet.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Dear neighbors on the corner,

Please stop leaving that random junk by your mailbox with the expectation that the garbage men will just take them. You've left any number of random pieces of old furniture, or broken appliances, by that corner, and they stay there for days-- sometimes weeks-- before they're gone.

You need to either haul it down to the dump yourself, or call someone like 1-800-Got-Junk to haul it away for you. Yes, either option means you have to pay for it, but them's the breaks.

While I'm at it, next time you spill paint at the end of your driveway, clean it up more quickly. There are small children who play in our court, and I don't want one of them to try to taste it or something and get sick.

Regards, a frustrated Winger.

Dear neighbors in the back of the court,

Please be more diligent about taking your trash and recycle bins up to your driveway. You have frequently left your bins by the curb in the court for several days. And sometimes they are partially blocking the driveway.

Last week, you not only left it there, you put it in such a location that it made it actually difficult for me to back out of my driveway without clipping it.

I know in the past I've dragged those bins up your driveway and left them behind your car. I admit I did this to be an inconvenience for you, even if I was partially doing you a favor. I will no longer be doing this, but the next time your bins get in the way, I am tempted to move them somewhere else.

Regards, an annoyed Winger.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• To the neighbor who wildly overloaded the washing machine, causing a mini-tsunami of water to flood into the hallway, soaking the rug right outside my doorway...eat a bag of dicks.

Comment

• Ugh to all of your stories. I know why people overload washers: to save money. I am so glad for my countertop washer.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                Dear neighbors on the corner,

Please stop leaving that random junk by your mailbox with the expectation that the garbage men will just take them. You've left any number of random pieces of old furniture, or broken appliances, by that corner, and they stay there for days-- sometimes weeks-- before they're gone.

Here in CheeseHeadLand Central if they did that, the city would come round after a few days and pick it up. THEN send the property owner a hefty bill for said pickup
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X