Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cards are all set to go out. I just need to buy the four international stamps.

No surprises, except for Kit-Ginevra. It will be to them to share it or not.

PS: It's not glitter.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• All cards have been signed and sealed, now just need the international stamps [I'll get them tommorrow before work] and all will be sent out.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Glitter? Glitter?!? I have no idea what you're talking about. I am appalled Sir, nay, AGHAST at the suggestion that any of us would do such a thing!

We're all quite innocent in this regard. Emoticons don't lie!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I shall be quite happy to share the surprise of Ironclad Alibi's specially delivered granddaughter/cheerleader/Saturday girl who I'm sure will give many hours of pleasure to me

And just out of interest, I see one of our addresses has a 1/2 in it.... How many people live in a fraction? Did they start attaching numbers and they realize they'd left out a house midway along?
          Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 12-04-2020, 10:53 AM.
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            By the way, who is it that is notorious for putting piles of glitter in their cards? just asking...for um... no particular reason
            FIND OUT!!
            BTW, not I.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• The Holiday Weapons Development Lab is working on a glitter pop-up impact sprinkler...
              Last edited by dalesys; 12-04-2020, 04:50 PM. Reason: word order for clarity
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                And just out of interest, I see one of our addresses has a 1/2 in it.... How many people live in a fraction? Did they start attaching numbers and they realize they'd left out a house midway along?
                Usually a ½ in the address indicates a basement or other apartment separate from the main house address.

My county recently allowed accessory dwellings to built on our property. If I did that, my address would be 123 Main St., and the accessory dwelling would be 123½ Main St. Another variation would be 123A Main St., which is in another address on the list.

Comment

• My cards have been mailed.

Comment

• Alright, all cards are now sent out and should be on the way between now and whenever they get delivered. When I went to the post office this morning, I went in thinking I'd be in line longer than I was last year for the international stamps -- I think I waited somewhere between twenty-five and forty-five minutes last year.

This year I was in and out within ten minutes, which included being at the counter, and I even went in at the same time as I did last year.

Comment

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                      Alright, all cards are now sent out and should be on the way between now and whenever they get delivered. When I went to the post office this morning, I went in thinking I'd be in line longer than I was last year for the international stamps -- I think I waited somewhere between twenty-five and forty-five minutes last year.

This year I was in and out within ten minutes, which included being at the counter, and I even went in at the same time as I did last year.
                      Maybe more people are ordering stamps online this year. Like me.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Probably, which is a good idea with everything that's going on. If I ever run out of stamps, and I've still got quite a bit left, I might order some online.

Comment

Probably, which is a good idea with everything that's going on. If I ever run out of stamps, and I've still got quite a bit left, I might order some online.
                          I have a handful of holiday stamps from last year, so I got one book plus a sheet of international stamps (then I'll have about 6 of those left for next year...).

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            That or using the self-serve kiosk. It's only drawback is that each outside the US is a separate transaction i.e one can't just select three for Canada...each one separate-you have to go through the rigamoro of selecting the country each time.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              That or using the self-serve kiosk. It's only drawback is that each outside the US is a separate transaction i.e one can't just select three for Canada...each one separate-you have to go through the rigamoro of selecting the country each time.
                              Don't think I've ever seen one of those...

The grocery store has stamps, too, though I don't know if they have the international ones.

Comment

This year I was in and out within ten minutes...and I even went in at the same time as I did last year.
                                That's what she said
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X