This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 was supposed to be better

I don't want to give too many details here. A family member has had a drug problem for years (due to an incredibly abusive parent). Said family member was off the drugs and appeared to be doing well.

Family member OD'd. Family member, according to the doctors, is brain dead.

Oh dear. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Family member is gone.

Comment

I'm sorry about that v_v May they rest in peace.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm so sorry. *gives hugs*
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

*hugz**hugz*
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

it's never easy. I have a friend whose brother is now permanently paralyzed from the waist down, which is a miracle. He was (perhaps if we are being honest, still is) an alcoholic and pain killer addict. While he was drunk (at nearly three times the legal limit) and high, he got in a car crash, not wearing his seat belt. When he was first admitted to the hospital, they gave him a 50/50 chance of surviving and it would take everything they could to make him anything more than a vegetable.
              He is doing better than anyone could have hoped, but I wouldn't wish what he's going through on anyone, and I can definitely understand what you are feeling right now.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

It all happened so suddenly. I thought - I'm pretty sure we all did - that Family Member was doing much better. I've since learned some pretty fucking awful things about Family Member's upbringing. And it's exhausting. I want someone else to take over adulting from me, so I can stay in bed with a blankie and stuffed animals.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Eireann. May they rest in peace. Hugs.

Comment

Working...
                  X