This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indecisions, indecisions. . .

So, I was working at ye 'ole pizzaria today with just the manager. It wasn't too bad; the other delivery guy split early to get his car looked at, so I was stuck with doing a ton of deliveries and a ton of half off pizzas. But that's not the fun part of the story.

This is.

About the time I'm getting ready to take my four run, phone rings. I pick it up and do ye 'ole speach.

Me = MazdaSpeed Powered Delivery Boy
    SC = Ye 'ole smacktard

Me = Thanks for calling Pizza ____, what can I do for 'ya?
    SC = Yeah, I'd like to get a one topping pizza. . .
    Me = Will this be delivery or carry out?
    SC = Carry out.
    Me = Okay, and what do you want?
    SC = Pepperoni.
    Me = Okay. . .
    SC = Okay, bye. *click*
    Me = . . .jigga-wha?

I don't even get her price before she hangs up. No big deal, I think, she'll just find out when she gets here.

She calls back.

SC = Yeah, I just called, and I want my pizza to be delivery.
    Me = (Oh, for the love. . .) Okay, can I ge
    SC = 611 South Jager street (Made up address, mind you)
    Me = Okay, tha-
    SC = Okay, bye. *click*

Again, she just hangs up. At this point, my manager knows that if I don't get on the road right now, we're gonna have unhappy customers, and he doesn't wanna make this four run a five run. We decide that they get to wait on their pizza.

Oh, but there's more.

Phone rings.
    SC = Yeah, I just called, and I never confirmed my price.
    Me = (No kidding, stop hanging up and I'll get to that!) Yeah, your price is 19.67, but if you do carry out, it'll be five dollars off.
    SC = . . .no, 19.67 is fine. Okay, bye. *click*

Okay, by this point, I have everything finally bagged and everything finally ready to head out to Tsuruya (the car), and the phone rings. Yet again. Guess who. . .

SC= Yeah, I just called, and I'd like to make my pizza a supreme instead of a one topping.
    Me = Okay, then, th -
    SC = Okay, bye. *click*

Enough was enough. I go to the manager, and his verdict on it was, and I quote: "They're not getting their pizza."

Apparently, they called in while I was out on delivery, wondering where their pizza was, and the manager took the call and basicially gave them the what for. In the end, they ordered a two topping pizza for delivery. Then called in again and wanted it for carry out.

I don't think they'll be ordering here again. And lord help them if I'm in the store when they call. . .

Arghetlam@CS ~ $ sudo awesome

Quoth Arghetlam View Post
    Enough was enough. I go to the manager, and his verdict on it was, and I quote: "They're not getting their pizza."
    Thank god for happy endings!

That was infuriating just to read. Apparently, this dumb bitch has no time to stay on the phone for more than a second, but has no problem wasting your time by repeatedly calling back.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Yeesh, I was getting annoyed just reading about that customer. I can't stand those, "I'm in a hurry" or "My time's really important" types.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Had a caller the other day that actually made me long for the days at Chesterfield where all I had to deal with was "Anime the Kid" (older members may remember him.)
        No less than five times, in the space of three minutes, I had the same damn call, exactly the same way each time. Exactly the same damn lines, the same person every time.
        "Do you guys have superhero games for the PS2?"
        J: "Yes..."
        "Which ones?"
        J: *schlep over to PS2 wall, narrowly avoid random kid, bend over just enough to read* "Xmen Rise of Apocalypse, and Xmen movie 3."
        "You don't have *some title I can't quite remember now, but might've been Rise of the Imperfects*?"
        J: "No, we don't. Not in used, and not on PS2."
        "Oh. *click*"
        J: "Just like the last four times you called."

He'd call back, and reply to my intro by going, "Yeah, I just called about the Superhero games?"
        And I'd just sigh and wince and repeat the same damn motion.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

OT but...

Ieaen, is that you bud?
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
          X