This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Worker gets threatened by a nutball

So I'm wrapping up my day and the person in the cube across from me gets a call. She just recently moved to a desk near mine, and it's been interesting because she has that adult ADHD thing going where it's like she was freebasing coffee beans before work which adds some extra entertainment in my day.

So what basically happens is the caller had an issue with some pay channel not coming in, which was addressed a few days ago and the billing department was notified to fix the problem. Thing is, the billing department is slower than old people having sex. The caller wanted my co-worker to flip the Magic Switch every SC insists we have (but refuse to use) so this channel comes back on instantly. Co-worker apologizes and tries to explain everything that can be done has been done, of course that doesn't pacify, we get to the "blargle blargle SUPERVISOR NOW! blargle blargle" portion of the dance. Now at that time of night, odds are good when we call the help desk for a supervisor we're going to get the voicemail. When we leave a voicemail message, we (obviously) need a callback number or else the whole affair is an exercise in pointlessness.

All my co-worker asked for was a callback number (the woman was obviously on a cell phone), and Sweet Sassy Molassy did this lady go batpoo crazy. Somehow giving a callback number was was an unforgivable offense, and keeping this information from us was her way of "winning". It got to the point where this lady said she was going to come down to our office and "snatch up" my co worker for allegedly refusing to get her a supervisor NOW NOW NOW. At that point co-worker hits the Emergency button on our phones that we can use to record calls when people go psycho for potential evidence purposes. After a few more rounds of refusing to give us a number to return her call so we can try to rectify her goddamned problem, co-worker has to end the call. Not before the caller got some more comments in about what a horrible customer service person my co-worker was and how she must have failed her training classes since she was so terrible at her job.

It was after my co-worker was catching her breath that a second co-worker who overheard the fuss happened to glance over her shoulder at the name that was up on the screen.

"Does that say Reverend???"

Yes, a woman of the cloth was the source of the tsunami of suck unleashed on my unsuspecting co-worker.

Talk about people who fail at their jobs......
    Last edited by CancelMyService; 08-04-2007, 07:09 AM.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

When I did customer service for (cable company) I encountered the most psychotic people ever. Cable makes people crazy. And about the whole Reverend thing. She is only supposed to love all of God's Children, and since people in Customer Service are robots she owes you no respect

Comment

Just because someone has the title of Reverend or Priest or Rabbi before their name does not always mean that they are going to be nice people!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Just because someone has the title of Reverend or Priest or Rabbi before their name does not always mean that they are going to be nice people!
        nor does it mean they are actually a reverend, priest, or rabbi.
        DILLIGAF

Comment

We had this one pastor when I was growing up and was still forced to go to church. He had a son that was my age and we were always forced to play together while our parents chatted and had lunch.....

This guy was an absolute prick. You'd think a man of God would have the decency to treat fellow children of God like human beings. He was an arrogant, pompous asshole.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Being a prick is one thing, I can't believe someone can be a Reverend and threaten people, then turn around and claim someone is horrible at their job.
            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Always remember, customers can suck no matter what race, religious following, gender, age, social status or financial wellbeing. It's always me me the customers always right.

Well time is money, and since you're wasting my time, then you're costing me money, so piss off.
              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

This reminds me of an episode of Animal Cops.

They were called in about a dog that was not being cared for. The poor thing was chained up in a tiny back "yard" behind a small apartment building. They pulled off hundreds of ticks when they brought it into the vet.

The owner was a "man of the cloth" and wore a very espensive suit. And he seemed completely apathetic to the fact that the poor dog wasn't getting enough space, food, or care. He was more worried about getting fined again.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Cute! I hope the cops showed up at her church on Sunday to have a word with her.

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                    It's always me me the customers always right.
                    Actually, this phrase ("The customer is always right") is one of the biggest sources of discontent for retail workers.

The only people who should ever be saying that phrase is a manager or someone with authority to make on-the-spot decisions. That does not include the customer. When a customer uses that phrase, it is nothing more than an announcement of a false sense of entitlement.

Comment

Actually I think retail has psychologically done me in. Every time I hear that phrase, my heart rate and blood pressure rapidly accelerate. Sometimes I get headaches that pulse with intesnity to said beating of my heart! My palms get sweaty and I grind my teeth.

That... can't be good.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                        Actually I think retail has psychologically done me in. Every time I hear that phrase, my heart rate and blood pressure rapidly accelerate. Sometimes I get headaches that pulse with intesnity to said beating of my heart! My palms get sweaty and I grind my teeth.

That... can't be good.
                        My last job got me to the point where I was cutting myself occasionally if the day was really bad, just to have an outlet for release. I have never done that before, not even during the worst of my depression eight years ago.
                        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                        X