Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a gas station with a store up the street from my house. I often go there before or after work to get food or soda. No problem. But the candy and drinks are SO DISORGANIZED that it drives me COMPLETELY NUTS. I've wanted to badly to do clean and bright in that store. The only thing that stops me (if I'm in there after work) is that I'm tired and wanna go to sleep or if it's before work, it's because I'm in a hurry (usually because I'm making another stop for food. WOO FOOD!).

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
      I'm sorry but you're mom has to show a better example of her ways. Trying to scam coupons after everything is rung through. If She went through my till and did that I'd make her go through the bags to find the items for the coupons because I don't have a visual photographic memory for every item!
      I've been known to unpack someone's bags if they insist they item they bought is on a coupon...

But then, I also had THIS gem once, with a store coupon...
      Me: I'm sorry, you didn't buy the item this coupon was for.
      SC: Yes I did!
      Me: I just looked through your bags, you didn't.
      SC: *pulls out a completely different brand* Yes, I did!
      Me: That's the wrong brand.
      SC: The brand matters?
      Me: ...yes.
      SC: Well, that's stupid, it should be $1 off anything in the store!
      Me: Well, it's not.
      SC: Well, give me one for $1 off anything!
      Me: I can't do that. I can't even control whether a random coupon prints out, much less which one you get.
      SC: I don't want it anymore! Take it off.
      Me: Okay.
      SC: Your store sucks!!
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

When I use coupons, I always put the coupon WITH the item on the belt. If I really planned ahead, I may even have little pieces of tape to tape the coupon to the top of the product. The store I go to is very behind technology wise, it would surprise me if their comps could check the coupons for them.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I always put my coupons with the product they go with, too.

Either that, or I'll have it ready to hand to the cashier when they get to the item in question.

It just seems that it goes faster all around that way.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
            When I use coupons, I always put the coupon WITH the item on the belt.
            At my store, this drives me NUTS. I'm not supposed to scan any coupons until the very end of the transaction, so they're all in one place on the receipt and so the computer has everything to take into consideration for checking the validity of the coupons. When people put their coupons on their products, it just makes them that much more likely to fall on the floor or get caught in the belt.

BUT, obviously, the store at which you grocery shop operates differently and doesn't rely on computers.

So, PSA to all you grocery shoppers out there, check what kind of system your cashier relies on so you know if it's best to give the coupons at the beginning in a pile, with each item as it's rung, or at the end in a pile. Or at least listen when the poor girl/boy tells you what to do next time. T_T

Comment

I ususally have my coupons that I think i might use in one place, and when i get up to the register, i go through, and weed out the ones i don't have - but i either hand them to the cashier first, if they ask, or hold them until the end.

However, the other day i forogt I had some, and went "oh crap" really loudly as i finshed my purchase...the poor cashier jumped as she thought SHE had done something, but i said no, i just forgot i had coupons. So i went over to customer service with my receipt, and got the money off there....DUH.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
                When the girl found a coupon for a mouthwash, she searched for it, and said "sorry, this isn't the same one that's on the coupon, I can't use it." What did my mom say? "You going to henpick over a dollar? Come on now!" I looked at my mom and said, "Mom it's a freakin' DOLLAR!" My mom said, "I spend over $1000 a month in the place, the least they could do for me is 1 dollar!"
                I'm going to enjoy the (possibly unintended) irony of this for a while.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X