This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
    The squares game he mentioned might have been Origami or something...
    You mean those triangle thingy that you make stuff out of?

Comment

I was thinking Rubix Cube. (Showing my age there).
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I can be the most vague person on Earth, if I so choose! Though I rarely do. For example, what am I talking about? "I want that thing, with the thing. It does that thing with the whosamadoober? Whass'is name had it on that show about the stuff, in the episode where they went to that place that had the thing. Only I want a different colour."
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
          When I was a library aide one little boy always had the vaguest requests. For instance, he would want "that blue book" or some other obscure thing. Funny thing though, the school librarian was so awesome she always knew just what he wanted. It was usually something she had read to his class the week before.
          At my library we get this too, amazingly, they mangage to find it.
          ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
          Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
            SC: Do you have that DVD, with whats-his-name?
            "Oh, yeah, that movie with whats-his-name! That's my all time favorite. It's over there. *points in general direction of movies.*"
            SC: Over where?
            "You know, in that direction."
            SC: Could you be a little more specific?
            "Well, they are all DVDs with varying whats-his-name actors, so you could pick any of them and be satisfied knowing that you are going to be watching whats-his-name starring in your film."
            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
            The Office

Comment

I get that with in my store with clothes - customer will come in and say "I saw a white top in the catalog. do you have it here" - now we don't always get stuff that's in the catalog, but please, can you help me out a bit?

So i will ask, is it, long sleeved, short sleeved, sleeveless, t-shirt, sweater, pullover, v-neck, button down, blouse, dressy, casual? um, we could have 20-30 different white tops at any given time! a little more info is always helpful! i had a customer once who was looking for a white tank she bought earlier, to try with a jacket in the store...she couldn't give me a decent description, so i was just pulling stuff left and right, is this it, is that it? But the most annoying thing was she kept saying "you know what i mean..." NO! i don't have a clue!

I guess they think since we work there we know every single item we have, on the floor, in the back, and coming in with our next shipment! Hey, i only work there part-time, and if i'm gone more than 3-4 days, the floorsets change, and i can't even find anything!

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                Yeah, but those are cubes (or Qubes, if you're talking about the sequel)! Surely he knows the difference, right?

Are you serious? He can't form a coherent thought and get it out of his mouth, and you expect him to know the difference between cubes and squares?

Joe

Comment

Quoth Anoki View Post
                  I vote TETRIS!!!
                  That was going to be my guess, too.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

While doing tech support:

"My computer did this thing, then I did something, and now it doesn't work at all."

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                      You mean those triangle thingy that you make stuff out of?
                      Origami=paper folding. I believe you are thinking of Tangrams.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

once had a customer come up to my counter and say," give me a pack of cigarettes." i said,"ok. what kind?" and i swear she said this, with serious attitude,as though she couldn't believe i asked. she then says..."the kind you smoke!" i had to explain to her that there are different brands...

LOL! That's classic.

I love it when people come up and order, for example, a Pepsi. Nobody ever specifies what size they want, ever, so I always sigh inwardly and then ask what size. Sometimes people mis-understand me and think I'm asking them over again what kind of drink they ordered. So they get this annoyed, god-this-cashier-is-an-idiot expression on their face and snap "Pepsi!" At this point I take a moment to compose myself and make a conscious effort not to roll my eyes. Then I politely (with just a hint of god-this-customer-is-an-idiot edge to my voice...just the barest hint...) say, "Yes, I know, but what size?" Yeah, who's the dumbass now?

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
                          "Yes, I know, but what size?"
                          Had that incident today, in fact, with a kid who wanted to buy a PS2, had a Ziploc bag full of random money.
                          "I want a PS2."
                          J: "Certainly, new or used?"
                          "Black."
                          J: "No, new or used?"
                          "Oh, used."
                          J: "Slim line or fat?"
                          "Black."
                          J: *sigh* "No, Slim line or the original run which were thicker."
                          "Oh, fat."
                          J: "While we do sell silver PS2's, the majority in our store are black."
                          "Oh."
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"Gimme that cheeseburger you guys got."
                            "You mean the dollar cheeseburger?"
                            "No the big one, c'mon you know. THAT cheeseburger."

It's worse with drinks. I'm surprised I didn't get "Gimme that flavored liquid y'alls got!"
                            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

If it's a video game, my vote's for Picross. I just got it this week for my DS, it's addicting!

Comment

I was thinking checkers or chess, myself.

I had a fellow yesterday who had written the name of some over the counter thing he wanted, but he'd managed to get the manufacturer's name, not the product name.
                                "Uuuuhh....it had petroleum jelly in it!"
                                Ok....Fougera makes many ointments, creams and solutions, many of their products have petroleum jelly in it. Howsabout you go home and bring me in a box of whatever it is you want and then I'll order it?

Same story when someone wants some random vitamin or something, and if I'm lucky, I just have to try and decipher a mangled pronunciation. If I'm not, they have no idea what it is, what it does, who makes it, nothing. Just someone told them it was good and now they want to put it in their mouths without having gone and looked into it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X