This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That time of the month . . .

Meaning the first of the month, that is.

Oh, how I love the first of every month, on which every customer decides to rush into the store like it's going out of style.

To the customers who don't bother to call the simple 800 number on their EBT cards to make sure they have funds instead of assuming their free money will be in there: thank you! Everyone at my store was thrilled tonight when we learned that we would have to personally put your two overflowing cartloads of groceries back on the shelf. The customers behind you were also glad to be held up while you argued with the front end manager.

To the lady who couldn't remember the PIN to her EBT card and caused my line to back up while you made a phone call to your father, whom for some reason you expected to remember your PIN for you, thank you as well. It's always exciting to have to take the person behind you and help them move their stuff to another lane while you stare at the card terminal and drool.

To the gentleman who wanted to write a check for $31 dollars for your $11 purchase of smokes, 50 cent pies, and sodas, it was really cute how you pretended not to know what the FEM was talking about when she said you had a check returned with us. And even more entertaining when you told her that you would go to your car to get some cash to pay with instead. Oh, she didn't say anything, but I'm sure she was laughing inside while she watched out the window as you sped from the parking lot.

To the people stuffing plums in the magazine rack and putting cantaloupes in the Pepsi cooler, thanks for giving us 'something to do' since I'm sure you're of the mind 'that's what they get paid for' to brighten our otherwise mundane and lazy workday. The three of us who close really like it when we end up leaving anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours past when our shift was supposed to end.

[/sarcasm]

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I feel your pain. Working in banking we get the "Where is my money?" phone calls all the time.

Comment

"Where is my money?"
      *goes into icanhascheezburger mode*

It not dere u has a overdraft. call back when u gets a job k thx bye!

*exit ichc mode*

A lot of people have told me I should try and get out of cashiering and move on to a teller job, but I'm not sure that my stress levels would go down any. :circle:

Your username would lead me to believe that we both hail from the Hurricane state?
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        "Where is my money?"
        "It's not down your bra/sock/G-string? Then I haven't a clue, really. Unless it's hidden under your tongue. Or behind your ear? Have a close relative go take a look for me, and ask them to check if they see light from your ear."
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
        X