This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude, insolent brat

Okay so a few weeks back I was helping Drive-Thru when this pampers princess gets up the courage to leave mama's side and heads towards us.
    ME: Hi! Welcome to KFC....
    BRAT: *rudely interjects me mid-speech* *garbled mess of princess-ness*
    ME: *couldn't hear a word she said because I was TALKING!!* *in my best "oh no she didn't mood swing* EXCUSE ME!!?
    BRAT: I want a toonie!
    Me: tells her the total.
    Luckily didn't have to take her money but was watching her and she ignored the cashier, wouldn't even look at her and took forever with her money.
    I mean how heard is it to have your card/ money ready? Or even put down the phone for half a second to make sure the order is right?
    V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

Luckily didn't have to take her money but was watching her and she ignored the cashier, wouldn't even look at her and took forever with her money.
    Yeah, those are two big peeves right there. Why is it that so many people get a look of surprise on their face when you tell them their total and then start digging around for their money? Like they were expecting to be the 1,000th customer and get their food for free. Seriously, so many people's eyes get wide and they exclaim "Oh!" after I tell them their total and then they start patting down pockets and looking for their money. Well, you walked up to the counter where I am standing behind what is obviously a cash register...yes, you must pay. Whenever I go up to a counter I have my money either in my hand or else in a very convenient place like my back pocket where it will take me a second to whip it out. Not buried at the bottom of my purse. I also have a good idea of what I'm about to order is going to cost and I have that money prepared. So I don't wait for the total and then start pulling out bills one by one..."Okay, here's a five...here's two ones...wait, here's another one...oh, wait, I don't have anymore. Here, here's a twenty instead." Anticipate people, anticipate.

Comment

This girl is gonna marry my "Microwaved Pickles" kid, and their offspring is gonna reign hell upon supermarkets. That or they're both gonna meet in the cuckoo's nest and talk about cell phones, and microwaved pickles.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

i have a theroy on the whole not having the money ready thing.

we are so afraid of being robbed that we usually dont pull money out of our pockets till the last second. although it seems to me that people with large amounts of cash seem to walk up to you with it in their hands ready to go. but the ones who dont have any real huge amount of money or credit cards wait till the last bit to give it to you. and then the credit card people dont even bother to get out their id even though most people ask for id in order to use it.

and i have found that i do these things too. as much as i try to have it ready i at least get my self ready while im talking to the cashier.
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Does anyone else beside me spend his time in line calculating the sales tax in his head so he'll have the right change?

I get people who are very slow with their money. And this is problematic, because I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO. I am one of two people working in this entire restaurant. When I'm done taking your order, I go COOK. You don't honestly think this register-biscuit act is all I was hired for, do you? I honestly think people sense my urgency and do this on purpose just as to fashion a silent "Fuck you for daring to think anything else might be more important than me." Like people who cross in front your car and walk slower. I don't have to be anywhere important, so NO ONE DOES.

Certainly after completing their order these people see the other customers who blow through the process in less than twenty seconds? Do they see how the other customers have their money out and already counted by the time they get to the register? Do they see how the other customers were able to figure out what we serve by looking at the menu? Do they learn their lesson? No. No they don't.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
            Does anyone else beside me spend his time in line calculating the sales tax in his head so he'll have the right change?
            I do that also. I also don't walk into somewhere, holding my money out where everyone can see it. When I am up at the register, I have my wallet out. Then after I am told the total, I get the money out.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth FemmeAnime View Post
              [SIZE="4"]
              BRAT: I want a toonie!
              ]
              She ordered a toonie combo and STILL didn't know how much she had to pay?

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
                then start pulling out bills one by one..."Okay, here's a five...here's two ones...wait, here's another one...oh, wait, I don't have anymore. Here, here's a twenty instead." Anticipate people, anticipate.
                AAAAArrrrgh! That is my worst pet peeve. I mean, come on people! How hard is it to keep your money in some kind of order? I think it must be very hard to keep track of your money if it is all wadded up in random pockets, etc. I know I probably piss off some customers, but when I get a wad of random cash I take the time, before serving them, to straighten the money out. I hate a messy till.

And those irritating idiots who parcel out random wadded dollars and then realize they do not have enough and want the money back in exchange for a 20...well, lets just say its a good thing I don't have laserbeam eyes or a LOT of baseball fans would end up a charred pile of suckiness.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                  I know I probably piss off some customers, but when I get a wad of random cash I take the time, before serving them, to straighten the money out. I hate a messy till.
                  I consider it a bonus if they get pissed off while I straighten out their mess of money... There's a small sliver of a chance that one day they'll get the message...

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I always get a wide-eyed look from any cashier who hasn't served me before when I hand them exact change for my cigarettes directly after they tell me the total. I must trip them out.
                    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Oooh yes, anybody who hands me a pile of wadded up bills WILL stand there and watch while I very carefully and meticulously straighten out each bill. My intention is to embarrass the person, but it never has any kind of effect on them, nor does it prompt any kind of apology for having done something so assinine. However, amusingly enough I have noticed that the people directly in line behind them will start straightening out their own bills LOL Although they aren't even crumpled or anything, but I appreciate the effort. I don't know if it's an OCD thing or what, but absolutely must have a neat drawer. Bills that are in any way wrinkled really bother me.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                        register-biscuit

I'm stealing that.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X