This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't go full Karen on me.

Shop who is an infrequent caller special orders $500 steering gear box.
    OK done
    They call the next day and say no we really just need the hoses ($40)
    Boss man takes that call and says fine- but there is a $120 restocking fee.
    He hems and haws and admits as per our policy that it was not our fault ok fine.

Today.
    Karen (wife of guy I think) calls first thing and leads off she will talk to a manager and is not paying that fee.
    Ok really.
    K-No I never heard of this
    All dealers have it and it's in bold at the top of the invoices you sign, if it's a small/stocked part or our fault we wave it, but this isn't and I get charged for returns.
    (also if you get alot for us $1k+ a wk I will but that depends if I'm feeling like it- this does not make me feel like it)
    K-Ah well I will just use Doo-Doo Dodge if you don't.
    OK well they have the same policy but what ever call back at 1000 or I'll have the bossman who BTW did do the charge not me call you.
    K-Fine

Her guy shows up to get the lines anyway with the fees and bitches I gave her shit.

Bossman asks and I tell him convo. oh ok.
    I call Doo Doo Dodge and ask about shop- they pull the same shit there and they are closer and that's why they started to use me. LOL
    I warn them they are coming back, they might want to remind her there policy.
    Parts Girl there LOL and says she will them on their 1st order back "I just want to make sure you know we also have a restocking fee just like La Dee Dodge.
    So they know we do compare notes even though we compete.

Bonus story
    Guy calls parts mad that service did not call him back about a part being ordered.
    Me- Guy/car/part no clue who/what.
    He keeps going about why didn't service guy call?
    Me- ? I don't know I'm not him.
    WHAT???
    Me-Let me put you over to service there is prob a reason but I can't guess why.
    I put him on hold, call service give him a heads up on the caller, OH him, he called 3 hours ago and I called him back to get the OK to order the part and he never did-till now.

The weekend is calling and bourbon is the ring tone.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Would love to hear if there's any follow-up to Restocking Idiots.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Off-topic, but that's it. My next horrible shopper in the letter game will be named Unkaren G. Whatswright. Thank you.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
      X