This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tucker - With Sama, Looking for a Bar

Tucker openly smiles once they leave the clothing shops/stalls. "Now that is a right fine plan. So long as I have time to do what the cap'n asked of me."

Comment

Lizzie - with Mando and Kellins at the Deucalion loading ramp

Lizzie follows Wolf's advice and walks up the ramp a little ways to stand near Mando. In a low voice, she says, "This man doesn't need transport to Faraday. He needs a rehab facility."
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Aidan "Wolf" McCuan -- Deucaleon's bridge
        After tapping the "Standby" switch on the main bridge panel to warm things up, Wolf sat in his chair, wriggled his fingers, and began working. While he liked to believe himself a maestro on the computer, in truth, Wolf was an average hacker.
        His little station on the bridge housed two twelve-inch monitors, a keyboard and a touchpad/stylus-tablet in a space barely bigger than an economy apartment's shower stall. Small as it was, it was still within arm's reach of the comm-unit where Zhan stood while making contact with outside parties.
        Today's job would be interesting.
        "Phoenix McHoulihan and Ricky/Richard/Rick Kellins... what have you two in common and to say for yourselves," Wolf asked the computer.
        Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-08-2013, 05:26 AM. Reason: Forgot the header

Comment

Zhan with Rowan - Leaving the markets and on the way to The Falling Sky

When the phone cuts off before he can reply Zhan stands there looking at his phone lost in thought before Rowan's words cut into his line of thought, but only just. He gives his orders still analyzing the circumstances that surround him and his crew. As if on auto-pilot his legs and feet move him parrallel to his second in command as she follows the directives given. Overhearing Rowan's conversation going on right beside him he stifles a facepalm thinking, Spider . . . Wolf . . . Wolf Spider, there's too many animal aliases on my crew . . .

After Rowan finishes following her orders, giving the captain enough time to coalate his thoughts, he takes back the comm and activates a simple app that remains on as he puts it back in his inside jacket pocket. After a few steps he, with very little outward signal, bodily but not overly forcefully moves Rowan up against a wall with her back to the wall and coming in very closer facing her, bending down till her chin is above her shoulders and their chests touch and his mouth almost does the same with her right ear as he whispers, "Rowan, in case things go badly with this meeting, there's something I need to tell you..."

Comment

Rowan- with Zahn near Falling Sky

Rowan is somewhat startled by Zahn moving her around, but goes along with it.
            "I'm listening."

She keeps scanning the passers by as Zahn whispers in her ear.

Comment

Without thinking, Aidan lit his pipe as he worked his magic in the cyber-realm.

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                Wolf -- Deucaleon loading ramp
                Wolf knelt and scooped up the packet. An eyebrow cocked, Wolf said quietly, "Mando, I think we have a swiper on our hands." Wolf referred to criminals who not only stole IDs but changed their signature and either resold the "swapped" IDs or used them for fraud.
                "Lizzie, I'd back away from Kellins. Mando, I'm going to 'my office' and do a bit of digging. D'ya care to mind th' store half a tick?"
                Deucalion Ramp - Lizzie, Wolf, Mando + Ricky Kellins

When the second ID packet drops out of Kellins' pocket, Mando's eyes narrow dangerously. The hand holding his knife stops it steady tapping on his bicep and subtly tightens its grip. "Pretty serious situation, if that's the case, Wolf, no?"

As Wolf scoops the packet up, Kellins suddenly goes still. His eyes track from whatever point in the middle distance they'd been sort-of-focused on and lock onto Wolf, and all at once he seems to finally be in the here-and-now. "Give that back!!!" he all but shrieks and suddenly lunges for Wolf, roughly shoving past Lizzie in a blur of movement--

--and runs straight into the slab that is Mando's arm. The big man curls it around Kellins' neck, smoothly steps behind him, and clamps his other arm across his forehead. A quick application of pressure, and Kellins starts going limp from the sleeper hold. "And I think that's enough from you today, Mr. Kellins..." He slumps Kellins' unconscious body against the wall, then steps back. "Liz, you wanna make sure I didn't hurt the poor hwen dan too much?" He looks to the hacker. "Go see what you can find on him, we can have the constables pick him up later."

Cortex Data - Ricky Kellins, Phoenix McHoulihan

Wolf would find that Kellins was a known small-time problem on Ezra. He'd moved from settlement to settlement across the world, working odd jobs here and there. Most of his money went to support a dust habit, and had been bound by law four times for being under the influence in public. Trips to rehab facilities didn't seem to take for long, the sign of an addict who had never really hit rock bottom. Psych reports were harder to find-- those kinds of things were kept locked down by Alliance law-- but what little that was publicly available suggested that Kellins had some form of dissociative schizophrenia, only exacerbated by his dust addiction.

Phoenix McHoulihan, however... well, there's a trove of information out there about him! All kinds of stories about his adventures, sailing through the black from world to world, hobnobbing with the aristocracies, but down-to-earth and fully capable of rubbing elbows with the common folk. He's quick with a grin, quicker with a quip, and quickest with a gun, the most dangerous man around any Sun, is Phoenix McHoulihan.

And all these adventures are pretty clearly fantastical stories, Cortex fiction. A memetic badass by any definition.

That said, apart from Kellins' physical details being rather shoddily added to it, the ID packet is 100% solid. It wouldn't take more than a week or so for Wolf's equipment to purge out the bad data to "clean" it, but it would take access to more specialized equipment to insert "correct" data and make a useable ID that would pass muster.

Haller Landing Markets - near The Falling Sky - Sama, Tucker, Zhan, Rowan

As the ship's pilot and engineer browse through the markets and start looking for a place to wet their whistles, they happen to see The Falling Sky not too far away. The only other options for drinks are from random vendors, and any alcohol they're going to sell is likely to make you go blind...

By coincidence (honestly), Zhan and Rowan are nearby, finishing up their conversation...
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

As smoke curled from his pipe, Wolf sighed. "MacHoulihan, if I hadn't watched the movie The Outlaw Josey Wales I'd have been afraid of you. As it now stands, Kellins, yer stupid as a rock."

Comment

Sama -falling sky tavern-

She nudges Tucker in the side and points with her chin towards the Cap'n then pointedly walks towards a table close enough for tucker to be ready but far enough away not to eavesdrop and make a potential client nervous.

She orders a drink for herself, and ask the waiter to put a round of what ever the captain and "guests" were drinking on her tab.
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Tucker - with Sama at Falling sky tavern-

Tucker takes a seat next to Sama, orders whatever passes for beer around here, and takes a relaxed slouch in the chair. "Well now. Ain't this a might fortunate." He says, a slight grin turning up the corners of his mouth. When Sama put's the Capn's drinks on her tab he sighs, "At least let me pay for your drink and mine then Sa." He rarely calls her that, only when he is clearly feeling a fondness of sorts for her. The kind only a person who grew up with many siblings would recognize.

Comment

Exile - OOC
                        I have really got to stop having life-melting crises within my proximity. I really need to be on here more often. I'm sorry everybody, I know I made a commitment when I signed on as captain. I'm going to try to at least check this more often.

Zhan - With Rowan on the way to The Falling Sky

After Rowan's acknowledgement Zhan quietly conveys, "Think about it, why would an established astronavigator take a job as a hiring manager on a planet with a fish-based economy? Lest he has an overpowering love or sturgeon he's got no reason to take lower pay starting out in a new career when he's got an established career and the requisite training and experience. Either that, or he's working an angle, an angle that only someone like himself can work..."

Comment

Lizzie - with Mando and Kellins on the Deucalion's loading ramp

Lizzie checks Kellins' basic vitals, then grabs her med bag and checks him over more thoroughly. Lizzie draws a vial of blood. She hands Mando a mild sedative, instructing him, "If he seems to be coming around, you can give him this sedative, but only one dose. I'm going to run a tox screen to see if he's still got dust in his system." She turns and heads to the med bay, all business, and without her usual sashay.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Wolf -- Deucaleon

Wolf walked past Lizzie, noting her demeanor.
                            "Hey Mando. Contact the Captain, tell him we have captured a known dust-user. I get the feeling he'll want Ricky there as far away from the ship as possible, if not behind bars."
                            Wolf toed the unconscious man with disdain. "Personally, I'd rather give him a back-alley necktie and leave his stripped corpse for the buzzards. And before anyone mentions my own record, I'll tell you now, I have Standards, principles, and values. Dust is not a vice of which I approve."
                            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-13-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Rowan- with Zahn outside Falling Sky

"Hmm, sounds likely to be a hijacking plot of some sort. Perhaps a net* scheme- didn't he try to specify our route? We will need to be very careful, if that's the case!" Nodding toward the bar entrance, she says, "Ready?"

*See "Our Mrs. Reynolds"

Comment

Zahn- with Rowan outside Falling Sky

"I thought that too, but he hasn't specified our route like you suggested. Which might mean he has a hauler ship, or some sort of salvager, those being more manueverable. Given that I didn't it unreasonable to excercise a bit of paranoia while telling you this, but since you don't see anyone that ou've felt a need to mention I guess I am ready."

Continuing, "I just wish we had another crewman, a walking triangle pattern works better and looks more natural than just watching your back and hoping you spot anyone who might be there..."

As they reach the watering hole he surveys the place with Rowan saying quiet enough that only Rowan could here, "We really need to stop going in blind with no backup."

Comment

Working...
                                X