This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night auditors unite!

Just curious if anyone else here who works nights at hotels get these guests.

1. The dude who thinks because he walked into the hotel at 3am will get a discounted room because it is so late. You chose to come that late - you still pay full price. We will still have to send someone to clean your room.

2. Guests who call late at night to ask questions better answered by people who are there during the day. No, I don't always have access to lost and found. I probably can't answer your billing question regarding a stay from 2 months ago. Please call back in the morning.

3. Mr. Dumbass who when told there are no rooms to be had - ask you again in a slightly different way hoping your answer will change. Got any rooms? No sir. You don't have a suite? nothing? Again ----- no sir.

4. The guest who when told it is after midnight on a sold out night and if you call 3rd party site - they will assume you meant the next day when you book a room. These sites can't go back in time. Yes, this has happened. Sir, your reservation was made for Sunday and this is still Saturday. Then, they expect you to fix it.

5. The guest who checks out in the morning and yells at you because there were people talking loudly in the parking lot all night. So, you did not call me at the time when I could have gone down there - but you now expect me to compensate you for a bad night?

I am sure I am forgetting a few. Fellow night auditors please feel free to add to the list.

I don't envy you. You should be able to tell these people to suck it up, they're not getting anything
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
      1. The dude who thinks because he walked into the hotel at 3am will get a discounted room because it is so late.
      You mean I could have asked for a discount that one time when I checked in at 5 a.m.? Not that I would have gotten it. Besides, it was Spring break weekend in Florida and I had been searching for a vacant room for 6 hours and 400+ miles. I was just thankful to find the room.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"It's 12:45am on Saturday now, so I'm checking in on Saturday and get the room until Sunday morning, right?"

I always asked them if they would be happy getting a call from me at 12:05 am saying "It's a new day now. Pay up or get out." Seemed to get the point across nicely.

Comment

Working...
        X